Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2005, 12:00 PM

Default Fear Factor poker

A co-worker was telling me that on Fear Factor (last night, I think) they had a game where you had to eat some typical Fear Factor type concoction to earn the two cards for your starting hand and try to win a hand of hold 'em to win the event. He said that there were 3 teams, one of which only earned one card, that one being a king. Another team got both of their cards, winding up with 74s. He doesn't remember about the other team. Well, two more kings came on the board, and the team with the K won.

I am wondering if anyone saw this and could fill us in on what the other team had.

Also, for any math or computer whizzes out there, what is the chance of winning for a single K vs. 74s vs. whatever the other hand was? What if it was K vs. 74s heads-up?
Old 04-19-2005, 12:26 PM

Default Re: Fear Factor poker

A single K does not play as a hand... So the 74s wins 100% of the time.
Old 04-19-2005, 12:29 PM

The other team had a single 4, so they were pretty much out of it. They were looking for a 4-flush. I'm sure the single K was a pretty decent favorite preflop.

1) 4S
2) 4H7H
3) KH
Old 04-19-2005, 01:12 PM

K2o v 74s with the other 3 twos being dead is 51v49 for the K2, so it's probably essentially even, the 2 gives the K2o more flush possibilities but it also hurts the 74s's straight chances
Old 04-19-2005, 02:33 PM

The worst part about it was the chicks that pulled the high card in the off-screen high-card choosing got to tell everyone which vile drink they had to chug. The stupid chicks gave away the easy [censored] and took eating a huge spider and worms, and drinking blended banana slugs. One of the things they gave away was drinking Habanero peppers, which I would take anyday over blended banana slugs. It worked because they pulled a K and the other teams couldn't suck out even though their 47 was sooted.
Old 04-19-2005, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One of the things they gave away was drinking Habanero peppers, which I would take anyday over blended banana slugs

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't want to start another pepper thread, but I gotta tell you, the hottest habanero peppers will actually HURT you ONE AT A TIME. If you blended ten or twenty and then had to chug it, I believe you might be in actual danger.

I am a serious pepper guy, and love to eat spice at every turn. Take this for what it's worth. Banana slugs might just be the way to go here, although I would never be stupid enough to do either one for a shot at $50K.
Old 04-20-2005, 06:04 PM

Man your dumb, why even bother with that? huh? just to waste your time and mine
Old 04-20-2005, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A single K does not play as a hand... So the 74s wins 100% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ] This is waht I am talking about not OP.