Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2005, 09:10 AM

Default Sanity check

1st orbit, so no reads [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Rico is CO with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Rico raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Rico checks, Button checks.

No brainer, right?

--Rico
Old 04-19-2005, 09:18 AM

Default Re: Sanity check

I think itīs close.
Old 04-19-2005, 10:09 AM

Yes, check. This situation comes up pretty often, there's just no point in betting there, the chances of it being folded around are about .001%. I'm dead serious, I think that would happen only 1 in 1000 times. These people are calling station degenerates.
Old 04-19-2005, 10:11 AM

It happens all the time. The key is to make sure you have ontes on players who will coldcall your raise and then fold ot a flop bet. the blinds can have anything and if the flop bet doesn't do it, a turn bet usually does.
Old 04-19-2005, 10:42 AM

tolbiny:

[ QUOTE ]
and if the flop bet doesn't do it, a turn bet usually does.

[/ QUOTE ]

and if the turn bet fails, I can usually rely on a river bet to get them to fold.

--Rico
Old 04-19-2005, 10:54 AM

Weather or not i bet depends on
1. what i think of the button
2. what i think my image is at the table.

But i think that a 1/1000 chance of pickin gup the pot is far to much hyperbole, from someone who bets in this spot more than your average 2+2er (i am guessing) i put my odds of pickin gup the pot in the 10-15% range on the flop, and depending on who calls/folds/what hits on the turn i may bet or check.
Players who coldcall a c/o riase on the button are either
1. tricky(rare)
2. bad to the point where i am not checking it to them simply because they coldcalled and then i missed a flop that is just as likkely to miss them aswell.
Old 04-19-2005, 12:09 PM

I know you're trying to mock him but he's generally right and your notion about betting the river is, as you intended it to appear, silly. The flop bet and, dependent on the turn card and who sees the turn, to a lesser extent the turn bet are not designed to fold a better hand but are rather 1) bets for value and 2) bets seeking to induce a hand to fold incorrectly (it does happen).
Old 04-19-2005, 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

the chances of it being folded around are about .001%. I'm dead serious, I think that would happen only 1 in 1000 times.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you mean 0.1%? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I check here, anyway.

Guy.
Old 04-19-2005, 10:10 AM

Oh c'mon, if you don't bet you have no turn bluffing equity, not to mention no turn 3-bet-bluffing equity. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-19-2005, 10:47 AM

The board is uncoordinated enough that I think a bet is profitable here. You will often only get one caller that will have a 910 type of hand with maybe one spade assuming no one has a queen. It is easy for you to fold to a raise, and will sometimes win the pot outright way more often the 1 in 1000 probibly closer to 10 percent of the time. And as long as the button folds you will often either pick up the pot on the turn or get a free showdown which you will sometimes win. Granted sometimes you will get four calls, but you have enough folding equity/showdown value for a bet to be profitable against most opponents imo.