Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2005, 08:37 AM

Default More maniacal action

MP is 85/35 and obviously very short stacked. He is obviously on tilt.

CO is 75/25/3 and obviously overaggressive donk. Who folds, who calls, who raises?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter

MP ($2.23)
CO ($108.61)
Hero ($25.05)
SB ($27.2)
BB ($34.6)
UTG ($25.92)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.1.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP raises 2.23 (All-in), CO calls $2.23, Hero...
Old 04-19-2005, 08:48 AM

Default Re: More maniacal action

I'd call and see the flop with position and in all likelyhold the best hand of the three. You could RR trying to knock out the CO to get great odds against the shortstack but I don't think its worth it. Likely as not, given the CO stats he'll call you then lead into you which leaves you in an unpleasent position with a marginal hand. With stats like that you should have no problem outplaying him postflop, don't play his game by gambling pre flop.
Old 04-19-2005, 09:14 AM

What's your plan for the flop?
Old 04-19-2005, 09:23 AM

Bet or raise any A strongly, bet or raise any J as long as its second pair or better. Bet any flop with low cards if checked to. In fact I'd be agessive on nearly any flop.

The difference between getting moving on the flop as opposed to PF is that loose gambling players wont lay down many hands, especially ones they've already called with, if they think their cards are live. However once the flop comes even bad players will see combinations of cards that will beat them. If you get called then you probably have overcard outs and if you get RR/CR on an unfriendly flop you probably have to dump it.

I assume you think the CO would lead out on the flop?
Old 04-19-2005, 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I assume you think the CO would lead out on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]
100% of the time. Just wait until you see how I played it. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-20-2005, 11:12 PM

OK, I guess no one thought this was so interesting up until this point. Well, how about after I LAG it up. Does anyone have advice on what I should do now?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter

MP ($2.23)
CO ($108.61)
Hero ($25.05)
SB ($27.2)
BB ($34.6)
UTG ($25.92)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.1.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $2.23 (all-in)</font>, CO calls $2.23, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $10</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls $7.77.

Flop: ($20.35) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets $98.61 (All-in)</font>, Hero...?
Old 04-20-2005, 11:16 PM

I don't really like the $10. It's pretty clear he won't fold. If you totally whiff on the flop against a player who's likely to get super aggressive than you're screwed. You put in near half your stack preflop with Ace high. I'd probably just call, hit the flop and then let him get aggressive.
Old 04-20-2005, 11:21 PM

Pre-flop: You should fire AJo into the muck in this spot without exception.

Post-flop: You should be burned at the stake for even thinking about anything but a fold.
Old 04-20-2005, 11:28 PM

He's 6 handed against two maniacal LAGs. GTFO.
Old 04-21-2005, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Pre-flop: You should fire AJo into the muck in this spot without exception.

Post-flop: You should be burned at the stake for even thinking about anything but a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm against a short-stacked LAG maniac who went all-in and another LAG maniac who didn't re-raise. You have to at least consider playing AJ here. There is a very good chance I have the best hand.

OK, we can fold still, but that would be boring and I don't think it would maximize EV. Now, if I want to play it, how should I play it? I considered pushing preflop, but I thought that was too much of an overbet. I then thought along the lines of Skeme. If he has no hand, and only called the all-in because it was a short stack and calling all-ins is a fun way to gambooool then he will fold to my raise and I will have a nice overlay to take on the short stack (who I am probably dominating). And if he has a hand at all, it is almost definitely a dominated ace (since he would very likely re-raise a strong ace) so I would WANT him to call. Therefore, I re-raised since I saw it as a win-win unless I was dominated, which I really really doubted since I was almost certain he would have re-raised with a hand that dominated me.

OK, so that is my reasoning for the preflop action. But now I am at the flop and I really think I had to at least entertain calling. Does anybody think that calling should at least be entertained, or is this an obvious turbo muck?