Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2005, 07:23 PM

Default Hand question JTs

Since I have trouble with hands like this I'd like to see how you guys would play this.

Party 0.5/1

Hero J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (position UTG+3)

Pre-Flop: UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, Hero calls, MP+1 raises and everyone else folds, Hero calls.(Pot=4.5 small bets)

Flop: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ( hands I could be trailing AA, KK, QQ, JJ, AJ, KJ, QJ)

This how I would play it: check and call if villain bets. I figure my 5 outs are good if they hit so I'm getting 8:1 pot odds. His bet makes the pot 6:1, so I'm relying on implied odds here. Would any of you guys come out betting? If a blank hits on the turn I'll check and fold.

Give some reasons for the way you guys would play it.
Old 04-18-2005, 07:26 PM

Default Re: Hand question JTs

I'd check-raise in this situation, overcards will fold the turn if we bet into him.
Old 04-18-2005, 07:33 PM

Check/raise the flop. This situation is much different then you holding AT on an A63r board. You are the favorite against 99+, AT+, KJ+ here but possible hands like AK all have 6 outs against you. With AT on an Axx flop, a hand like QQ will only have 2 outs so you can afford to "slowplay" it.

Brad
Old 04-18-2005, 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Check/raise the flop. This situation is much different then you holding AT on an A63r board. You are the favorite against 99+, AT+, KJ+ here but possible hands like AK all have 6 outs against you. With AT on an Axx flop, a hand like QQ will only have 2 outs so you can afford to "slowplay" it.

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

word.
Old 04-18-2005, 08:05 PM

I check/raise, and then lead the turn/river.
Old 04-18-2005, 08:11 PM

Some kind of read on MP1 or style would help but I'd bet this flop. He could be holding AK,AQ,10s and any other hands that you're ahead of.

If raised, I'd consider calling and folding turn UI.

Why do you say you'll fold if a blank comes on a turn? If he only has overcards then a blank is exactly what you want to be seeing.

Travis
Old 04-18-2005, 08:13 PM

I'm just "grunching" away here and see that everyone has recmmended a C/R. After looking at it, I like that alternative but would anyone care to comment on my line?

Travis
Old 04-18-2005, 08:14 PM

Just because he raised, you shouldn't automatically pin him on a high pocket pair. In most scenarios, you will be ahead here, as it is likely he is holding overs. If you bet and he raises, he could still be holding overs (as I make this play frequently on raggy flops with overs, hoping to buy a free river card since I'm behind).

EDIT: I think you have monsters-under-the-bed syndrome, and it is possibly a leak in your game that you should work on.
Old 04-18-2005, 08:47 PM

Yeah, I think I have that syndrome too. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Sorry guys, I'm just learning as I go.
Old 04-18-2005, 08:16 PM

You want to check/raise the flop since your hand is quite vulnerable to overcards.

Check/calling and folding seems kinda weak no?