Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2005, 04:49 PM

Default What would you do?

I rarely play in tournaments, so I think I may have misplayed a very important hand I received late in the tournament. Tell me what you would do in the following situation.

You've made the final table in a $25+$2.50 tournament. Everyone at the table is pretty tight and fairly agressive. You are in 3rd place in chips with a little over 20K. Blinds are at 400/800 and there are still 10 people at the table. You are in late-middle position and are dealt AJo. The two people with more chips than you are sitting to your right.

UTG+1 (who has about 10K in chips left) raises to 2400. Everyone folds to you and you think that (baring a monster AA/KK/QQ) everyone after you will fold. What do you do?
Old 04-17-2005, 05:00 PM

Default Re: What would you do?

Easy fold. AJo sucks.
Old 04-17-2005, 05:06 PM

Easy fold against an EP raiser who just put 25% of their stack in at a full table. I would rather save my chips to be stealing with 69 than call or rerasie with AJ here unless you have a real good read on this player.
Old 04-17-2005, 05:07 PM

What's the standard procedure for steals at the table? A push might induce a fold. But I think given that you're in good chip position, you fold and wait for a better spot.
Old 04-17-2005, 05:07 PM

Fold
Old 04-17-2005, 05:53 PM

Ya, pretty much what I expected...like I said, I don't play tournies often (maybe 3 this year), so I figured I f'ed up the play.

I raised to 5K to try to knock him out, but he called. Flop gave me an A, but he was on AQ, so I lost half my stack.

Very next hand gave me AKs, so I moved in to be called by AQ...and of course A-Q-rag hits the flop and I was out. Oh well. Live and learn.