Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2005, 12:40 PM

Default Future Popes predicted 900 years ago?

These get dusted off every time a new Pope is to be selected...

http://www.catholic-pages.com/grabbag/malachy.asp

St Malachy wrote down a brief Latin description of the next 112 Popes in the 1100's. Many have been eerily accurate, notably Benedict XIV (translated "Religion Laid Waste")--he reigned during WWI and the Bolshevik Revloution where millions of Christians perished, and John Paul I (translated "of the half moon"--he was elected during a half moon, and died a month later during the next half moon).

John Paul II's is De Labour Solaris--of the Labor of the Sun or The Eclipse of the Sun. JPII was born during a Solar Eclipse and buried on one. He is also the most traveled Pope, circling the globe countless times in his travels.

According to Malachy, 2 popes remain. The next's motto is "De Gloria Olivae" or "The Glory of the Olive." Some have speculated that the next Pope will be a Benedictine (their symbol is the Olive branch), or that he will play a major role in world peace (symbolic of the Olive branch), or that he will have major ties to the Jewish people (another Olive symbol). A far fetched interpretation is that the next Pope will have Olive skin...possibly from South America. The Pope after the next is "Petrus Romanus" or "Peter the Roman." He supposedly presides over the church in end times:

In persecutione extrema S.R.E. sedebit Petrus Romanus, qui pascet oves in multis tribulationibus: quibus transactis civitas septicollis diruetur, & Judex tremędus judicabit populum suum. Finis.
(In extreme persecution, the seat of the Holy Roman Church will be occupied by Peter the Roman, who will feed the sheep through many tribulations, at the term of which the city of seven hills will be destroyed, and the formidable Judge will judge his people. The End.)
Old 04-16-2005, 04:06 PM

Default Re: Future Popes predicted 900 years ago?

Petrus Romanus was supposedly added to the list by the Olivetan monks.

"The Order of St. Benedict claims this final pope will come within the Benedictine Order, and that he was placed in the secession line because St. Benedict himself prophesied that before the end of the world, his Order will triumphantly lead the Catholic Church in its battle against evil (the Battle of Armageddon)."

So technically according to the original prophecy there are 111 pontiff's with the last being Gloria Olivae, or "The Glory of the Olives."

112 if you account for the addition of Petrus Romanus by the Benedictine Order.
Old 04-16-2005, 07:35 PM

I just got the crap scared out of me. Two more popes, and then end times if this is true? Im catholic and i didn't know about that. What else are they hiding.......
Old 04-20-2005, 08:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just got the crap scared out of me. Two more popes, and then end times if this is true? Im catholic and i didn't know about that. What else are they hiding.......

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, did you know that Jesus married Mary Magdalen and had a child with her? The Church covered this up but a secret society, once headed by Leonardo da Vinci, called the Priori of Sion has kept the secret for centuries. The Holy Grail legend is actually the symbolism of Mary and the secret of the divine feminine. Her coffin now resides beneath the Louvre.

It's all true. I read it in a book.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:46 AM

It's all true. I read it in a book.

It cant be true until you see it on TV. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-16-2005, 11:46 PM

With that kind of accuracy; I think is fairly easy to predict the next 100 of anything
Old 04-17-2005, 01:24 AM

I've gone through the entire list of popes, and as abstract as the descriptions appear they do have a strong semblance to the pontiff they describe.

Celestine II (1143-1144)
Ex castro Tyberis
(from a castle on the Tiber)
Hist.: Celestin II was born in Citta di Castello, Toscany, on the shores of the Tiber

Eugene III (1145-1153)
Ex magnitudine montis
(Of the greatness of the mount)
Hist.: Born in the castle of Grammont (latin: mons magnus), his family name was Montemagno

Gregory IX (1227-1241)
Avis Ostiensis
(Bird of Ostia)
Hist.: before his election he was Cardinal of Ostia

Urban IV (1261-1264)
Hierusalem Campaniae
(Jerusalem of Champagne)
Hist.: native of Troyes, Champagne, later patriarch of Jerusalem

Nicholas IV (1288-1292)
Ex eremo celsus
(elevated from a hermit)
Hist.: prior to his election he was a hermit in the monastery of Pouilles

Nicholas V (1328-1330)
Corvus schismaticus
(the schismatic crow)
Note the reference to the schism, the only antipope at this period.

John Paul II
(1978-2005)
De labore Solis
(of the eclipse of the sun, or from the labour of the sun)
Karol Wojtyla was born on May 18, 1920 during a solar eclipse. There will also be a solar eclipse on April 8, 2005, the day of his funeral. The eclipse did occur.

There are many others...

As abstract as these entitlements are, only given in 2-4 latin words you must remember 110 have come to pass. One wrong description would void the entire chain, but maybe the 111th pope "Gloria Oliva" Glory of the Olives prove to the be the "mistake" your looking for on this otherwise accurate record.
Old 04-18-2005, 11:50 PM

Wooly,

You seem to know about this stuff. When I was a kid I heard a story that each Pope must be privy to some horrible secret. Something about an angel who appeared to 3 young girls. I was told that these prophecies were so horrific that the first Pope fainted when he read what they were.

I know I probably got a lot of this wrong. But do you (or anyone else), know anything about it?
Old 04-19-2005, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wooly,

You seem to know about this stuff. When I was a kid I heard a story that each Pope must be privy to some horrible secret. Something about an angel who appeared to 3 young girls. I was told that these prophecies were so horrific that the first Pope fainted when he read what they were.

I know I probably got a lot of this wrong. But do you (or anyone else), know anything about it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lestat,

Google Fatima, go from there [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-19-2005, 02:28 PM

Default Thanks!

I did and found tons of info! Pretty eerie stuff. Thanks agin.