Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2005, 10:53 AM

Default Multitabling 6 Max

I have been playing online for 6 months or so, after a steep learning curve, Im up a few hundred, mostly from multitabling $25 10-max tables. I recently started playing 1 or 2 max, 6-max tables and have found it to be far more profitable and much more fun. Is there a general consensus on 6-max versus 10-max, profit-wise? Also, I'm wondering how many 6-max tables is optimal for multitabling. I can't imagine playing more than 3 as the play is much more read dependent. Im sure there's a thread about this but Im lazy so if people find this interesting, throw a response out there.
Old 04-15-2005, 12:25 PM

Default Re: Multitabling 6 Max

At the $25 level, the reads you make are probably no more sophisticated than "he sucks" or "hes tight." It is not hard to multitable the $25NL 6-Max
Old 04-15-2005, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At the $25 level, the reads you make are probably no more sophisticated than "he sucks" or "hes tight." It is not hard to multitable the $25NL 6-Max

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-17-2005, 02:22 PM

Agreed. There is not alot of reading to be done at that level. Just play ABC poker. I play 8 tables of 6-max at another level and I know there are plenty of people that play 8 and even 12 of these tables at any given time.
Old 04-17-2005, 03:14 PM

Strictly for the 25NL, I find it is more profitable for me to 8 or 10-table the 10-max than it is to 3-4 table the 6-max.

NL25 10-max is such a no-brainer most of the time that the additional tables are worth more than going to 6-max.

I prefer 6-max for higher limits where I can play 2-tables and make good use of reads.
Old 04-17-2005, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Agreed. There is not alot of reading to be done at that level. Just play ABC poker. I play 8 tables of 6-max at another level and I know there are plenty of people that play 8 and even 12 of these tables at any given time.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm .. it's not a hard task to 8-table the 6-max ?
Perhaps I should give it a try, but I always thought that basically, it wasn't great because

- the blind play demands attention so much more often and
- reads are somewhat important even at low levels to make profitable plays
Old 04-17-2005, 03:55 PM

The thought of 8-tabling 6max NL tables makes me want to dive off my balcony into a pool of piranha-infested acid.