Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2005, 06:38 PM

Default Playing AKo in the sb or bb.

I've found myself asking myself this question when someone raises and some people call. I know I will most definately call the raise if it isnt too big but should I be raising here and trying to isolate my opponent? Should I just call and try to sandbag an opponent if my cards hit?

I'm more of a player who prefers my position more than anything and in any other position such as utg or the button I would raise the first raise and put pressure on them. But now I would be finding myself out've position and almost certainly having to act first each time a bet occurs.

How would you play it?
Old 04-15-2005, 02:21 AM

Default Re: Playing AKo in the sb or bb.

I will 3bet AK and sometimes cap with it. From the SB I like to check even if I hit so I can see how everyone else plays the flop. I checkraise very often from the SB with AK when I hit the flop. Mainly I think you just need to mix up your play here.
Old 04-15-2005, 06:03 AM

Default Re: Playing AKo in the sb or bb.

I assume you're talking about No limit, if so, it's pretty situation dependent....cash game or tourny matters too. In a tourny, just pushing isn't a bad strat if there's a lot of extra chips in pot. That can be done in nl cash too, depending on looseness of open raiser, trickiness of cold-callers, and stack sizes of important people.