Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2005, 11:37 AM

Default underfull overbet multiway

live 2-4 NL game. Button($480) is loosish and aggressive but not very imaginative. BB($600ish) is not good.

I(have both opponents covered) OR in CO with 77 to $11, button and BB call.

flop is A A 7 two hearts

BB checks, I bet $35, button minraises, BB cold calls. Reads and action?
Old 04-14-2005, 11:41 AM

Default Re: underfull overbet multiway

Hmm, I don't know if you can really play this wrong whatever you choose.

Making it $225 isn't bad, and get the rest in on the turn. Or if you feel at least one will call a push.. do it.
Old 04-14-2005, 03:52 PM

I would think the BB has a small ace and the button a flush draw, an aggressive player makes a lot more noise with trips than just a min raise, i think hes got the draw and the other guy who just calls, makes a bad play cold calling with his trips. The reason i think the BB has a SMALL ace is because a lotta bad players fall in love with their ace , calling raises with weak aces and reraising with mid aces like AJ. You would ideally want the flush to hit because then the button can hang himself and BB will likely fold his trips, or show a lotta strength with his boat so you would'nt have to make a decision as to whether he paired his kicker or not. I would call here and let him draw to his flush. Check/call if the flush hits on the turn(might wanna throw in a lil acting here like you had trips and dont believe he made his hearts). If the flush doesnt hit on the turn, bet $200 so he doesnt think you want him making his flush.If the flush hits on the river, check raise him. The only thing i would worry about are low cards hitting and the BB showing a lotta strength.
How is my thought pattern?
Old 04-14-2005, 03:56 PM

I agree, be careful of a 9 or 8 hitting good chance weak ace has filled up.
Old 04-14-2005, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm, I don't know if you can really play this wrong whatever you choose.

Making it $225 isn't bad, and get the rest in on the turn. Or if you feel at least one will call a push.. do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, but I also feel like calling is a decent option as well and then check raising all in on the turn that way you trap more money from a caller in between you and the raiser.
Old 04-14-2005, 04:23 PM

I really don't like calling here. There are probably 6 outs against you (collectively) and you have no idea what they are. I like a nice raise here - depending on the players, an A won't fold anyway most of the time, so raise big.

This is also one of those situations where you will not be paid off unless someone has an ace, so this is one of those spots you can overbet the pot drastically on the flop and go from there (I'm thinking at least $50). Build the pot - get the money in when you have edge.
Old 04-14-2005, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't like calling here. There are probably 6 outs against you (collectively) and you have no idea what they are. I like a nice raise here - depending on the players, an A won't fold anyway most of the time, so raise big.

This is also one of those situations where you will not be paid off unless someone has an ace, so this is one of those spots you can overbet the pot drastically on the flop and go from there (I'm thinking at least $50). Build the pot - get the money in when you have edge.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also don't like calling here.
Whatever falls on the turn you are going to be trying to guess if the other guy(s) overboated you.

Also, if you wait until the turn to push you make it easier for the other player(s) to get away from his hand - lets say a J falls and you push - the other guy might think you just boated and fold his AK, AQ, A(whatever) - whereas if you push now most players will have a VERY hard time folding any A.

The pot is big enough right now where I'm happy to take it down. I push here.
Old 04-14-2005, 05:13 PM

Bad player with nothing else makes it hard to figure.
Can he have a PP that he doesn't want to let go? Or would he raise any PP preflop?
Gomberg - assuming someone has an Ace, is there anything that comes on the turn that will make him fold? I'm guessing no. Is there anything that will get you to fold on the turn? Just the Ace.
Trying to get all your money in without anyone seeing the next card doesn't matter if he'll call no matter what the next card is.
So basically the turn doesn't matter if you are up against an Ace since you are going to be all in on the turn. At least one player doesn't have an Ace.
After you call there is $255 in the pot, correct? If you push maybe a very small ace folds. 88-KKs will likely fold. 22-66s will fold. You want them to keep playing but for a price over the pot odds. What would a flush draw do?
If a flush draw will call the push, I'd push. If not, I'd raise $200 and hope someone makes a bad call.

topout
Old 04-14-2005, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, if you wait until the turn to push you make it easier for the other player(s) to get away from his hand - lets say a J falls and you push - the other guy might think you just boated and fold his AK, AQ, A(whatever) - whereas if you push now most players will have a VERY hard time folding any A.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you raise $200 here and AK, AQ, AJ calls, when you bet the turn he/she'll have no reason to think the turn card helped you.

topout
Old 04-14-2005, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At least one player doesn't have an Ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?