Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2005, 08:16 AM

Default Hand quizze books for NL hold\'em

Hi!
I last week a finally got my free book from empire, think is called No limit poker beginners series or something like it. However I already own quiet a few poker books, but none of the have as nice hand quizzes like this one. Ok one hand takes up about 2 pages, which I don’t really like, and most of the hands seams quite obvious to me. Another great think about the book is that all the hands are shown with graphical hands and flops, it also gives you information about the other peoples playing styles in the hand. This is truly essential reading in the toilet [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I’m looking for more books along this lines but with a more advance approach, would be great if any of you could recommend some good ones.
Old 04-14-2005, 10:06 AM

Default Re: Hand quizze books for NL hold\'em

The best hand quizzes are the ones here in the 2+2 forums. People post hands, and then subsequent posters break them down.

This Book is like what you're looking for, but it's really not very good.
Old 04-14-2005, 11:53 AM

Stewart Reuben, co-author of the PL/NL book with Ciaffone, wrote a book called "How Good is Your Pot Limit Holdem". (Not exactly NL, but still big bet concepts apply.) I own the book and it appears to be entirely hand quizzes. Alas, I have not had the time to read it so I can't comment on the quality of the analysis.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:53 PM

Harrington on Hold'em has quite a few hand quizzes and is the best book on NLH IMO.