Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2005, 06:11 PM

Default Fold, Call, Raise... considered all three

UTG is a decent Party .5/1 player in that he plays tight and not openly retarded. BB is a tool. Preflop, flop are standard. I had absolutely no idea what to do on the turn. My gut instinct was to reraise... thinking UTG would raise the turn with JJ or TT here.

If I'm behind, I have no outs here. Thoughts?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero????
Old 04-13-2005, 06:13 PM

Default Re: Fold, Call, Raise... considered all three

You've got the third nuts. I 3-bet.
Old 04-13-2005, 06:14 PM

There aren't a lot of easier 3-bets than this one. If someone has quads, so be it. Nothing you can do. And no, you're not allowed to fold. If the river is a king you may consider it, though.
Old 04-13-2005, 06:15 PM

I'd 3-bet it. If he caps I'd have to slow down. Hopefully BB donks along.
Old 04-13-2005, 06:18 PM

Raise. You are behind Ax and KK, but it seems unlikely. It is hard to give him credit for Ax with the 3 aces on the board. If he's got KK, then so be it. Can't win 'em all.
Old 04-13-2005, 06:19 PM

I'd probaby 3 bet as well, but I don't like your hand too much at all. I'd be more scared of the BB personally, stop n go's on boards like that are often the nuts trying to trap UTG in the middle.

Also, though not likely, you could be in 3rd place if UTG wouldn't cap with like KK. That would be awful as they might keep raising each other and stick you in the middle. 3 bet to take control if possible but I wouldn't want to see more than one bet go in on the river.

-DeathDonkey
Old 04-13-2005, 06:21 PM

Since UTG didn't cap PF, I think we can rule out KK. His lack of a flop bet or check-raise should rule out an A, unless he enjoys slowplaying a set. Hence, 3-bet.
Old 04-13-2005, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd probaby 3 bet as well, but I don't like your hand too much at all. I'd be more scared of the BB personally, stop n go's on boards like that are often the nuts trying to trap UTG in the middle.

Also, though not likely, you could be in 3rd place if UTG wouldn't cap with like KK. That would be awful as they might keep raising each other and stick you in the middle. 3 bet to take control if possible but I wouldn't want to see more than one bet go in on the river.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd put him on 99, TT, or JJ before jumping to conclusions about KK specifically. AX is a bitch, though.
Old 04-13-2005, 06:23 PM

3-bet that dude.If he caps, then get 1 bet in on the turn. If he calls, the pot is yours.
Old 04-13-2005, 06:23 PM

I absolutely wouldn't fold this hand so the question would be whether to call or reraise. I think I'd reraise this one since only an ace or pocket kings has you beaten.