Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2005, 08:02 AM

Default Early Level Play

Not that this is anything new, but I've been experimenting lately with limping alot more early in MTTs. Trying to get into as many cheap pots as possible early. Suited conectors, gappers Q10, K10 marginal hands that normally I would have tossed. This means I am limping with a lot of hands I used to raise, ie AQ, AK, JJ just because I don't want to telagraph those hands. (of course I'm still raising AA, KK, QQ only people who I really want in the pot are calling when I raise)

Really what I'm gunning for is to pick up a sneaky hand that I can use to get a big pot with someone who cannot expect me to have that hand.

I've found that this is either giving me a good size stack or I'm a little short and waiting for a hand through the middle levels.

Just trying to gage how many try this tact or am I really just hopelessly chip spewing?
Old 04-13-2005, 09:40 PM

Default Re: Early Level Play

I'm new to MTT's, and I've been experimenting with strategy as well. It seems to work, because I'm getting to the 5th level with more chips than before, generally speaking.

I'm just not sure when to change gears into a "middle" level strategy. To be honest, I'm not even sure what that "middle" level strategy should be.

I'm a successful full ring limit player; but I sure love the NL MTT action.

-ptmusic