Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2005, 07:39 PM

Default Party Thievery

I was playing 10/20 6max just a few minutes ago, and went to showdown with a hand I felt sure was the winner. My opponent bet, I raised, and he called. Just before my cards were displayed both of our cards, the button, and the pot dissappeared from the table. A message came up in the chat saying something along the lines of: "Sorry for the inconvenience, this table has been closed for maintenance." There was some table chat, and I verified that I had the best hand at showdown. Then everyone got kicked off the table.

The hand history for this hand is unavailable.

I was on eurobet at the time, and get this e-message from their support:

"Dear Two_Outer
We apologise for the inconvenience that you encountered while playing at table Table 11303 on 04/12/2005.
From our records, we have found that you had $527 at the start of the game in which the problem occurred. This game has been considered as a 'misdeal' and we have refunded the money back to your account.
We appreciate your support and your patience.
We look forward to seeing you at the tables soon.
Good Luck,
The Coral Eurobet Poker Support Team."

I wrote back this:

To whom it may concern:

This is incorrect. This hand was played to completion and went to showdown. I had the winning hand, and I demand to be compensated accordingly.

Sincerely,

John Robb (Two_Outer)

This would have been highly annoying and horrible service if it had happened in the middle of the hand, but in this case I think returning all money wagered would be acceptable. But in this case the hand had been completed and we had gone to showdown. The money in the pot was rightfully mine. This happened to anybody else?
Old 04-12-2005, 07:44 PM

Default Re: Party Thievery

No, this didn't happen to me, but I can't log into Party for some reason. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 04-12-2005, 07:56 PM

"Party Thievery" is a pretty weak title for this post. Party didnt steal anything, and at best, they lost $3 from this hand.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

"Party Thievery" is a pretty weak title for this post. Party didnt steal anything, and at best, they lost $3 from this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Party took money from a pot that I had won in a fair game in which everyone understood the rules and distributed it back to the players. Party not keeping the money for themselves is irrelevant.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Party took money from a pot that I had won in a fair game in which everyone understood the rules and distributed it back to the players. Party not keeping the money for themselves is irrelevant.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's ridiculous to label this "thievery". It's merely another example of Party's incompetence. I hope you do get the money you won on this hand, but calling them thieves will not help your cause.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:29 PM

I'd be livid. My bet is they come back with something along the lines as..

"sorry blah blah blah, in compensatiion we have credited your account with 200 party points.

good luck at the tables!"

saying that though... i just recieved the visor in the mail. Forget about that pot, this visor more than makes up for it. Summer is going to be sweet. Im currently in Madrid, the chicas here are mad for party poker players. if not the visor make it the baseball jersey. pimpin.

party4life
Old 04-12-2005, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
with a hand I felt sure was the winner

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Just before my cards were displayed both of our cards, the button, and the pot dissappeared from the table.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I wrote back this:

To whom it may concern:

This is incorrect. This hand was played to completion and went to showdown. I had the winning hand, and I demand to be compensated accordingly.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, you felt your hand was the winner, the cards were never "showndown" but you write them telling them you "had the winning hand."

Consider this the online equivilant of you beliving you have the winning hand and another guy tosses his hand towards the muck but they somehow inadvertantly touch yours, thus making your hand dead.
Old 04-12-2005, 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It's ridiculous to label this "thievery". It's merely another example of Party's incompetence. I hope you do get the money you won on this hand, but calling them thieves will not help your cause.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was certaintly taking some liberties with the title in order to get views, but it's definately not "ridiculous" to call them theives. Money which was rightfully mine was taken from me by party.
Old 04-12-2005, 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Consider this the online equivilant of you beliving you have the winning hand and another guy tosses his hand towards the muck but they somehow inadvertantly touch yours, thus making your hand dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a bad comparison. In live play it is my responsibility to protect my hand. If my hand was fouled it is at least partially my fault for not protecting it. I did absolutely nothing wrong here, but the pot was not awarded to me.

[ QUOTE ]

So, you felt your hand was the winner, the cards were never "showndown" but you write them telling them you "had the winning hand."

[/ QUOTE ]

My opponent told me after the hand that I had the best hand. He had absolutely no incentive to lie to me. I had the best hand and they ought to have records indicating this is the truth.