Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2005, 04:58 PM

Default 10/20 and under in vegas

Point me to the best place to pay for my 4 day stay in Vegas. Comfort level is 10/20 and below.

I've heard Excalibur and Imperial Palace. Should i believe it or not as Ripley might say. Staying at the Golden Nugget so is that a good place to play or avoid that one and go elsewhere?

Plan is to pay for the trip in first 2 days and then relax and enjoy. Jinxing myself with high hopes most likely but that is the goal.
Old 04-12-2005, 05:01 PM

Default Re: 10/20 and under in vegas

You could try the nugget or el cortez if you are a big guy who isnt scared of being attacked but for the best (safest) game you should probably head to the strip and hit up the mirage or the mgm. If you want to try to be a WPT fanboi you could head to the bellagio and play against the hooded sunglass brigade.
Old 04-12-2005, 05:05 PM

For 6/12 and 10/20, the MGM or the Mirage are the place to be. The MGM 6/12 game usually has some 2/4 calling station types in it and can be a very profitable game. The Mirage 6/12 can be a passive loose game on weekends most of the time. Play your good hands, value bet the hell out of them and you'll get paid off.

I watched Al capone play 6/12 at the MGM for 2 hours and these guys would check raise the river with bottom pair, LOL. The get 3 bet and still pay off with the "You have me beat but I call just to see it" line, lol.

Note: Look around at how much beer/alcohol is at the tables before you sit down. I was going to play some 10/20 last night on a new table, and not one person had anything but water in front of them, even after 2 hours of being open. Screw that! The 6/12 that Al played, I'd say 6 out of the 10 had drinks coming regularly. Now thats a game!
Old 04-12-2005, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Point me to the best place to pay for my 4 day stay in Vegas. Comfort level is 10/20 and below.

I've heard Excalibur and Imperial Palace. Should i believe it or not as Ripley might say. Staying at the Golden Nugget so is that a good place to play or avoid that one and go elsewhere?

Plan is to pay for the trip in first 2 days and then relax and enjoy. Jinxing myself with high hopes most likely but that is the goal.

[/ QUOTE ]

San Remo is conveniently located next to the MGM and is cheeap as hell, and not too bad as far as accomodations. Not luxury, but it'll do. Excal is fine too, but they don't spread any games bigger than 1-2 NL ($100 max buy in) and 2-6 spread limit. Avoid the Luxor poker room, as it sucks. Aladdin has good low limit action, as does Mandalay Bay.
Old 04-13-2005, 06:52 AM

Since you are downtown, The Plaza and Binion's are two OK rooms with limits in your comfort zone. If I recall Plaza is 2/4 and 1/2 NL. Binion's will spread anything that they get enough players for... Both places have NO MAX No Limit games.

Golden Nugget may have your 10/20 on weekends.

>TW<
Old 04-13-2005, 02:24 PM

MGM and excalibur is where you want to be
Old 04-13-2005, 02:45 PM

The last couple of times I was in Vegas, Nov. & Feb., there were no limit games higher than 4-8 anywhere on Fremont Street. Ditto for the Imperial Palace.
The Mirage 10-20 is generally soft although its a much better game late at night than in the daytime. I played the 6-12 too while waiting for a 10 seat one night. Also a cream puff.