Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2005, 04:00 PM

Default MT Sharks Killed the 5-10 6max Already?

After nearly a year playing the game, 70,000+ hands with 2+ BB/100, suddenly I think "da [censored] been changed".

Good plays that were once rare at this level are suddenly commonplace. I feel like there's been a secret meeting that I wasn't invited to, where everyone discussed strategy and agreed on a new one.

I know I'm not imagining this -- I have the records to prove it. Hasn't anyone else on this board notice? Is this a portent of things to come for all of online poker?
Old 04-12-2005, 04:14 PM

Default Re: MT Sharks Killed the 5-10 6max Already?

While the games may not be as good as they have been in the past, they aren't anywhere near dead or killed.

A similar phenomenon has happened at most other limits. I don't expect the games to be substantially more staturated with MTTers at any point in the immediate future as I think there is a sort of happy balance, at least for now.

BTW, if u can't win in the present environment I regret to inform u that u almost assuredly suck.
Old 04-12-2005, 04:18 PM

Yes. The 5/10 games have become an absolute rock garden, filled with internet pros 16-tabling. I also agree that internet poker will be completely dead within a few months. All of these sharks will greedily devour the guppies with frightening speed, and there will be no more tuna in the ocean on which us barracudas can feed.

Thank you for being the Mr. Hooper to our Mayor Vaughn.
Old 04-12-2005, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The 5/10 games have become an absolute rock garden, filled with internet pros 16-tabling.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree completely with the above statement.
Old 04-12-2005, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, if u can't win in the present environment I regret to inform u that u almost assuredly suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently, you chose to ignore my substantial winning record.
Maybe you enjoy telling people they suck.
That's okay. Everyone needs a hobby.

I could adjust my play to defend against the new influx of sharks. But the whole point of playing the SH 5-10 was that they were weak. If that's no longer true, what's the point?
Old 04-12-2005, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If that's no longer true, what's the point?

[/ QUOTE ]

If a few, and I mean a relatively few "sharks" bother you then move down in limits. Because 90% of 5/10 6 maxers range from pretty bad to quite terrible.
Old 04-12-2005, 04:58 PM

"Because 90% of 5/10 6 maxers range from pretty bad to quite terrible."

Hey! I resemble that remark.
Old 04-12-2005, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Apparently, you chose to ignore my substantial winning record.

[/ QUOTE ]

apparently you chose to deem it irrelevant given your belief that the games had substantially changed.

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe you enjoy telling people they suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

nah, I just hate people who make whiny, inaccurate posts and I called you on it. No one or group of people have killed the 5-10 6-max, and if you think they have then u suck and need to get better or move down.

[ QUOTE ]
But the whole point of playing the SH 5-10 was that they were weak. If that's no longer true, what's the point?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never played 5-10 6-max because the games were "weak", so maybe you won't hold me in high enough esteem, but I would ventue to posit that the point of playing 5-10 6-max, much as it is for almost any party game, is that you can make a boatload of money if you play well.
Old 04-12-2005, 05:04 PM

i would be careful of who you insult on these boards. Given that you are a newcomer to 2+2 I will tell you that making wild assumptions and flaunting one's winrates is not going to win you a whole lot of respect.
Old 04-12-2005, 05:46 PM

I am prepared to believe that the games are not as good as once they were. Apparently I missed out on the golden age of online poker a year to 18 months ago when I was playing no-limit on Stars.

Nevertheless the games are very very soft. I know this because I win in them, and I basically suck.

Guy.