Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2005, 05:30 AM

Default Flopped Trips from BB- Got CheckRaised on turn 5/10NL 6max

Hi,

Background information: Villain of this hand seems to be ok (I figured that out since he's playing 2 5/10NL tables at the same time). No other reads on him.
I had been sitting on this table only few orbits and I had flopped trips two times in a row from BB which (I won those hands without a showdown). And now came the third time in a row when I flopped trips from BB...

5/10NL 5-handed
SB(~1000$)
HERO(~1150$)

I have Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Pre-flop: UTG(folds), CO(calls), Button(folds), SB(completes) and HERO(check)

Flop(30$): 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
SB checks, HERO bets 30$, CO folds, SB calls

Turn(90$):4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
SB checks, I bet 80$ and SB min-raises to 160$
Now, what line should I take? If I call how much should I call on the river? If I re-raise what if he comes over the top again? Thanks for your thoughts!

-FuzzyLogic
Old 04-12-2005, 06:01 AM

Default Re: Flopped Trips from BB- Got CheckRaised on turn 5/10NL 6max

He could have a wide range of hands since he may well believe you are stealing. Many of those are drawing thin. If he has a three, your kicker may well be good, but I'd probably just call and feel confident I'm ahead. Popping it feels like you're going to lose a lot of hands drawing very thin, while exposing yourself to a painful reraise. Calling uses your position to it's fullest for the tricky river action you are about to deal with.

I'm looking to get about a pots worth of cash in on the river should the board come offsuit king, but of course the river card and his action will have a lot of influence on the decision. If he makes a huge river bet, decision time.

Good luck.
Eric
Old 04-15-2005, 03:49 AM

"Popping it feels like you're going to lose a lot of hands drawing very thin, while exposing yourself to a painful reraise. Calling uses your position to it's fullest for the tricky river action you are about to deal with."

Thanks for your good advice. Next time I'll do better.

I thought he just didnt believe I had those trips and was just testing me so I re-raised him and he came over the top again...he had A-3 and I lost more what I had to [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 04-15-2005, 10:24 AM

my fear here is that what hands would he complete with here. If he's completing with a 3, it's likely A-3 or 4-3, either of which you are in deep trouble against. The only possible hand you are ahead of is a semi bluff flush draw raise. I think I call and see what he does on the river, and pray for a queen.
Old 04-15-2005, 01:11 PM

Assuming there was no raise on before the flop, im assuming SB also has a three or maybe top pair. I would call and see what the river brings. I would call just about anything on the river. There was no raise there you trips look good there and no chance for a straight. Easy call. If you are reallly scared come over the top for 150 if he calls u know u share teh 3 if he goes over the top i might just fold.