Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2005, 05:08 PM

Default Im going to ruin some good overlay.

I didnt see much about it except in the IRC channel, so i thought i would share this with the zoo.

Bodog poker has been running 100K guarenteed MTT's that have a tremendous overlay. With an entry of 100+9, i think this afternoons tourney had something like 60 grand or so of overlay.

want an even better deal? Bodog also has a constant 20% reload bonus going, and a %20 sign up bonus. So, depo 600 bones, get your 20 percent, then buy in to the tourney essentially for free. Two tabling 3/6 would take approx 10 hours to clear this bonus, so it could easily be cleared in a couple of days, withdraw, lather, rinse and repeat for next week until you win the big prize. Then stake me since i clued you in.

A couple of things:

There is no max on these bonuses. You can deposit up to the limit for any given method of depositing and recieve a full bonus. However, from what i understand, you cant withdraw until you clear the bonus, which, while not full tilt style, is not overwhelmingly simple either.

This is not comeptetive with a party+rakeback day, nor would i recommend it as such. This is a way to essentially freeroll in a fairly large payout tourney that has a huge overlay. For instance, my bodog table are tables number 9 and 10 for me so that i still get party/skins + rakeback.

Some people dont like bodog at all. I havent had any great problems there, other than how card dead i was this morning., but YMMV.

Finally, and perhaps most controversially. Bodog does offer a refer a friend bonus that is fairly high. If anyone wants to offer me some juice for bringing this to their attention, i would not be opposed to splitting the bonus with you. PM me for details. However, this info is free to use, and no one should feel under any obligation to allow me to refer them. (if a mat or someone else (whos opionion i respect) thinks that this is to spammy, let me know in thread or through pm and i wil edit it out. but i think its fairly legit)

peace

john nickle
Old 04-10-2005, 06:05 PM

Default Re: Im going to ruin some good overlay.

[ QUOTE ]
So, depo 600 bones, get your 20 percent, then buy in to the tourney essentially for free. Two tabling 3/6 would take approx 10 hours to clear this bonus, so it could easily be cleared in a couple of days, withdraw, lather, rinse and repeat for next week until you win the big prize.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have they changed their bonus-points structure or something?
I was there when they opened (in Sept...not when they were doing the beta-testing).

It was REALLY fishy then...although it was tightening up when I left and I haven't been back in awhile.

Anyway...at that time I think you got fractions of a point whenever YOU contributed to a raked-pot.
You didn't get anything for folding your cards.

I think you had to get 7x the bonus in player-points...and I think I ws getting them about 0.1 or 0.2 points at a time.
Does this sound right (any original bodog players out there?? I know a couple 2+2'ers were there but I'm not going to call them out).

It took me FOREVER playing 2 or 3 tables of 10/20 or 15/30 to clear $300 in bonus there. And I mean FOREVER.

At the structure they had when I was there I just don't think it would be humanly possible to clear in 10 hours at 15/30 much less 3/6.

Also - it should be noted that they don't keep the bonus seperate from the regular money and then release it to you (at least they didn't before).
It gets added to your total funds right away...but then if you cash-out before clearing the bonus then they take the bonus away.
And maybe could come up with some weird reason to deny the cash-out or perhaps not allow you to cash-out extra money that you had won WITH the bonus.

I'm not at all certain about this though. All I'm saying is that the bonus is NOT the same as party or ub or stars where you can cash-out and deposit as you please and have the bonus sitting there waiting to be cleared.

I believe a poster named odogg reported that he was kind of ticked because he went after those non-stop reloads and then realized that ALL of his money was going to be tied up there for a LONG time.

So if you're going to do this make sure it is with spare money...not money that you are going to need back right-away (their cash-outs take 2-4 days in my experience anyway).

I don't think it's a bad site...I trust my money with them and the games are decent.
But there are some hassles with trying to bonus-chase there imo (this changes significantly though if you really CAN clear it with just a few hours of 3/6).
Old 04-10-2005, 06:31 PM

the bonus reqs were recently reduced from 6x points down to 3x points, and percentage bonus increased from 10% to 20%. so figure 33 cents a point, contributed rake on every 1/3 dealt hands makes it slightly better than UB (and significantly better if you play shorthanded $2/4 and up).

you're right that it's not as fishy as it used to be, but I consider it still beatable in the long run. definitely LAG like before, maybe 40-50% flops is the norm. average pot sizes slightly higher than the usual 6-7BB's.

tourney players note that since you get 6 player points for each $1 of entry fee, you are essentially getting 200% rakeback from SNG/MTT's. if you are a breakeven player or better, this is a huge incentive.

back in the 6x days you could withdraw the bonus + deposit before completing the WR fully and they'd usually let it go. this is not the case anymore but since it's easier to clear, I guess that's only fair.

when depositing, put in a resonable amount which you can work off playing the game of your choice, withdraw everything, then redeposit and start again. I usually put in $500, get $100 bonus, and clear it in a few days playing an assortment of LHE games between $1/2 and $3/6.

my cashouts from Bodog -> Neteller have always been 24 hours or less.
Old 04-10-2005, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the bonus reqs were recently reduced from 6x points down to 3x points, and percentage bonus increased from 10% to 20%. so figure 33 cents a point, contributed rake on every 1/3 dealt hands makes it slightly better than UB (and significantly better if you play shorthanded $2/4 and up).

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for clarifying.

By the old formula those bonuses were probably the hardest to clear in poker (I haven't played full-tilt though).

If you can't clear a bonus with SEVERAL hours at 10/20 and 15/30 then something is very wrong.

I even wrote to them explaining that their bonus system was VERY difficult compared to all the other major sites.
Just a polite e-mail where I said that i liked their site but wanted to offer a comment.
They never got back to me. But it's good to see they have re-worked the structure. Maybe they really were listening to me.
Old 04-10-2005, 07:08 PM

hey micro

[ QUOTE ]
Have they changed their bonus-points structure or something?
I was there when they opened (in Sept...not when they were doing the beta-testing).

[/ QUOTE ]

yes. as was mentioned above, you are now required to get 3 bodog points for every dollar in bonus. Here are some links to determine what that means for you How to accumulate points

bodog rake schedule

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway...at that time I think you got fractions of a point whenever YOU contributed to a raked-pot.
You didn't get anything for folding your cards.

I think you had to get 7x the bonus in player-points...and I think I ws getting them about 0.1 or 0.2 points at a time.
Does this sound right (any original bodog players out there?? I know a couple 2+2'ers were there but I'm not going to call them out).

It took me FOREVER playing 2 or 3 tables of 10/20 or 15/30 to clear $300 in bonus there. And I mean FOREVER.

At the structure they had when I was there I just don't think it would be humanly possible to clear in 10 hours at 15/30 much less 3/6.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had heard that, so i guess and checked to make sure my math was semi correct. After two tabling 3/6 for around two hours, i have accumulated over 150 points. Probably some juicy pots were a part of that, especially considering i am gods own lag, but i think my ten hour figure is well within reason.

[ QUOTE ]
Also - it should be noted that they don't keep the bonus seperate from the regular money and then release it to you (at least they didn't before).
It gets added to your total funds right away...but then if you cash-out before clearing the bonus then they take the bonus away.
And maybe could come up with some weird reason to deny the cash-out or perhaps not allow you to cash-out extra money that you had won WITH the bonus.

I'm not at all certain about this though. All I'm saying is that the bonus is NOT the same as party or ub or stars where you can cash-out and deposit as you please and have the bonus sitting there waiting to be cleared.

I believe a poster named odogg reported that he was kind of ticked because he went after those non-stop reloads and then realized that ALL of his money was going to be tied up there for a LONG time.

So if you're going to do this make sure it is with spare money...not money that you are going to need back right-away (their cash-outs take 2-4 days in my experience anyway).

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldnt agree more. This is NOT a substantially better deal than party with rakeback. However, if you can afford to add two extra tables, or lose two tables of party, then i think getting what is essentially a freeroll in a tourney that already has a huge overlay is worth it. Even an extra 100 bones is nothing to sneer at.

You are right about the withdrawal requirement. I think i explained it in my post, but maybe i wasnt too clear, or i forgot it. My birthday is on tuesday, so naturally i started celebrating last night. In fact, im on my fifth bourbon already. YAY!!!

Anyway, this was not so much a post for the whores going after money to build there roll, more of a special something for those who can afford to through some money around. Although, ive spoken with a couple of micros players who are going for it, as some bonus is better than no bonus. However, thats entirely up to you to determine.

(once again, i have absolutely no interest in bodog. Im not an affiliate, and none of the posted links have affiliate codes embeded.)

peace

john nickle
Old 04-10-2005, 07:13 PM

thanks for the info.
how frequently do they have these nicely-overlayed tournies?? Only Sundays?

Also, you mention several times that this is NOT a better deal than Party+rakeback, but I don't see why you can't just get a rakeback deal at Bodog aswell, and I know for a fact that the bonuses are NOT deducted from the affiliate's commission (and hence your rakeback), just like at Abs and UB.
Old 04-10-2005, 07:18 PM

i didnt know bodog had rakeback. With there modest game selection, particularly at higher non-big bet limits, im not leaving party to play here. My only goal was to free roll in the big tourneys (which are just on sunday, but apparently the have a ton throughout the week, just not as large). After the tourneys are ended, if im still comfortable ten tabling, i will probably continue to do the reload program, but not for any substantial portion of time.

Not a bad call though. I would recommend that anyone who is planning on playing here full time NOT get someone to refer them, but instead look at the 2+2 classifieds or elsewhere for a reputable bodog affiliate.

peace

john nickle
Old 04-10-2005, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see why you can't just get a rakeback deal at Bodog aswell

[/ QUOTE ]
probably because Bodog doesn't allow individual trackers for each affiliate signup. so your monthly commission is paid in one lump sum, and you have no idea how much each player contributed to that total, so it's impossible to calculate rakeback for each account.

I believe Pokerroom is the same setup, that's why neither site has anyone advertising rakeback from them. only CPA/swag deals would work on sites like PSO and Boogster.
Old 04-10-2005, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't see why you can't just get a rakeback deal at Bodog aswell

[/ QUOTE ]
probably because Bodog doesn't allow individual trackers for each affiliate signup. so your monthly commission is paid in one lump sum, and you have no idea how much each player contributed to that total, so it's impossible to calculate rakeback for each account.

I believe Pokerroom is the same setup, that's why neither site has anyone advertising rakeback from them. only CPA/swag deals would work on sites like PSO and Boogster.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're incorrect on both accounts. It's possible to track individual players on both Bodog and PokerRoom.
Old 04-10-2005, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's possible to track individual players on both Bodog and PokerRoom.

[/ QUOTE ]
ok, but is that just for CPA payments or revenue share plan? there is definitely a finite number of trackers available to pokerroom affiliates relative to the number of signups accumulated (between 2.5:1 and 10:1 depending on your partnership level). there is no language in the bodog affiliate agreement at all about having more than one tracker number available to break out revenue per player. care to demonstrate a screenshot of a report which illustrates this?

and even so, nobody can explain yet why no major rakeback affiliate offers either Pokerroom or Bodog to begin with. are betonbet and 7sultans really that much easier to promote?