Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2005, 08:18 PM

Default AQs....please flame my line?

Villian starts the hand with $504 and the max buy in is $200 so he's doing real well. I sat down and he was right around even. He's seeing just about EVERY flop, 75% VPIP, 23% PFR and I was with him for 125 hands. When I first sat down, saw him flop a boat twice in 8 hands. For whatever reason, the cards were just falling for him.

$1 Absolute (converter doesn't support) 5 handed

Hero is SB with $106, Villian is MP with $504

Hero gets A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG raises to $2, Villian calls, button calls, Hero raises to $6, BB folds, UTG calls, Villian calls, button folds...3 to see the flop

table was real loose, I wanted to push out some of the crap but not raise too much since I know Villian is calling regardless, AQ has been a real loser for me according to PT...win small, lose big

K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Pot is $21

Hero bets $10, UTG folds, Villian calls

K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Pot is $41

Hero checks, Villian bets $10, Hero reraises to $26, Villian calls.

Was hoping to push out his crap with the reraise, in hindsight I likely didn't reraise enough although the way he was going he was calling down everything

K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Pot $93
Hero checks, Villian checks

Regardless of me winning or losing (I'll post the result later) I feel like my line was all over the place. I have 12 outs to both nut flush and nut straight. Going against a lag like this, I should be going pretty heavy after this, no? Should I have pushed the flop? Pushed instead of reraised the turn? Just called the turn and check/fold a blank river? I have no idea how I should have played this. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 04-09-2005, 08:22 PM

Default Re: AQs....please flame my line?

You keep saying "he's calling down anyway" yet you are trying to push him out of the pot with your semibluff bets and raises. Do you see the problem here? For a guy that will call you down regardless, semibluffing is useless because part of its success is in the fact that sometimes people fold.

Hope he showed you AT and your semibluffs were really value bets....