Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2005, 11:26 AM

Default Some questions about stats

I have some things that I've been wondering about concerning SH-stats.

I've got almost 30k hands now of SH 10/20 (all 5-handed), and my stats seem to differ from what I've gathered is the forum-norm.

Here they are:

Hands:28360
VP$IP:36.67
VP$IP from SB:52.94
Folded SB to steal: 62.79
Att.To Steal:35.34
Won$WSF%:43.85
Went To SD:41.62
Won$at SD%:48.86
PF raise:22.53
WR: 2.06BB/100
Now, my question is: How closely are these stats related in terms of playing style and efficiency? If I make an effort to change one number to a more favorable one, do I risk losing EV because of another factor in my play being related to this number? In other words: Do I have to vhange my whole game, or can one spesific change be effective?

And lastly, I would of course appreciate if someone point out areas where I'd would do good in changing my game. Is my winrate a fluke or sustainable?

Thanks

Tomahawk
Old 04-09-2005, 03:58 PM

Default Re: Some questions about stats

stats are interelated, so one affects another. the only reason to look at stats is to help you indetify/understand your style or to plug major leaks. it seems neither is your problem. I don't see why you winrate wouldn't be sustainbale given your numbers, but your gonna have to post hands to get nto the nitty gritty.
Old 04-09-2005, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And lastly, I would of course appreciate if someone point out areas where I'd would do good in changing my game. Is my winrate a fluke or sustainable?

[/ QUOTE ]

A winrate of over 2.00BB/100 is definitely sustainable at 10/20, but i have never seen or heard of someone achieving that with stats like yours. Not to say it isn't reasnoble possible, because the money you make all depends on the opponents you play. 30K hand is a tiny sample and you can learn absolutely nothing about your actualy winrate right now. You can't even make a guess. You can, however, make a vague, but reasnoble estimate on whether or not you are a long term winner.

IMO, your stats look like your winnings involve quite a bit of luck. Post your SD. I think you'll be a slight loser or marginal winner with your current play (again, complete guess). I do'nt think you can play as many hands preflop profitably as you do right now. I'd suggest cutting down quite a bit. Your way too loose in your SB. Your steals are okay, as long as your postflop play is excellent with those hands you steal with.
You're also raising too much preflop.

From the stats you posted there isn't much that can be drawn from it other than you look like a LAG. You may have very good posflop play, which could be why you are winning, but to get the most optimal results, you'll need to tighten and weaken up a bit.

Again, don't put too much faith in any definitive conclusion drawn from your stats besides your somewhat poor preflop play. You have to give more information to get a little more detail responses, but i woudln't suggest doing this until you've accumulated about 60,000. If you can wait longer, that's even better.
Old 04-09-2005, 04:33 PM

Can you post a screenshot of all your stats from the "more detail" part of poker tracker?
Your aggression factors on each street etc would be interesting,

Also what are your positional stats?

Your won at SD is not good, so I bet you dont fold often to river bets, and your not knowing when your beat, alling down Ace high to often?

Do you multitable ? If so how many?

Post more stats to give a fuller picture as your style of play is different from most on the forum, would be interesing.
Old 04-09-2005, 05:08 PM

With this kind of aggression its more likely his river bluffs are getting called down a lot, as opposed to him calling too much on the river. I'm not sure if this VPIP is optimal or this winrate is sustainable, but it could be I guesss, especially in a 5 max.

-Mike
Old 04-09-2005, 08:03 PM

"Your won at SD is not good"

His won at SD is fine because his WSD is high- you can't beat the game with a 33% WSD with less than a 50% W$@sd- but with a WSD of 42% i would expect his W$@sd to be lower. Weather or not his rate is sustainable is related to both of htese stats, looking at either one individually doesn't help much.
Old 04-09-2005, 08:48 PM

of SH 10/20 (all 5-handed),

note the 5 handed part- meaning he is playing mostly in 5,4 and perhaps 3 handed games. This is a bit different than 6-max.
Old 04-11-2005, 08:33 AM

Thanks for your thoughts.

The sample is of course too small, but I feel like I´m beating this game not because I win, but because of what I see at the tables every day. People do things I wouldn´t all the time, and it seems thats why they´re losing.

I´ll try to get in more hands, and keep posting on how I´m doing. I hope your wrong about the loser or marginal winner part, but i guess we´ll just have to see.
Old 04-11-2005, 08:45 AM

I´m on holiday now for a week, so I can´t post any screenshots til I get back from here.

My aggression factor from memory is around 2.5 for flop and turn, and maybe 1.4-5 on the river. I think the total agg.f. was around 1.65

My positional stats are pretty interesting I think. I win a shitload from the button, and do okay in the CO. I think I´m losing money UTG, so this I´ll have to fix. Blinds I´m not sure about. I´ll post it when I get back, I´m curious of what this can tell me about my play.

I play 3-4 tables (4 whenever I can)

I´m glad my stats are interesting, I´ll post more details in a week.
Old 04-11-2005, 08:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The sample is of course too small, but I feel like I´m beating this game not because I win, but because of what I see at the tables every day. People do things I wouldn´t all the time, and it seems thats why they´re losing.

[/ QUOTE ]

My last 30K im down at 10/20, and I can tell you its not because people suddenly makes no misstake, its because they hit more then they should.

This is in swedish, but u can put in your stats at this place:
http://www.svenskpoker.com/math.php
Played hands - 30 000
BB/100 2
Standarddevation 17
how sure u want to be (ssay 95 for 95%)

U will get:
Övre (upper limit for your winrate with 95%)
Undre (lower limit for winrate with 95%)

U will see that there is 1/20 (5%) that your winrate actually is below 0.07BB/100 or above 3.9BB/100

So, 30 000 hands isnt enough to say anything at all. And you should trust other posters, VPIP 36% 5handed is very high. Most poster here would agree that u will need a lot of skill to make every 1% above VPIP 25% a winning 1%.