Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2005, 05:21 PM

Default TT vs preflop 3-bettor

Villian in this hand is 37/5.05/1.35. Not sure if I should have laid this down at some point.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Is taking a stab at this wrong? I figure I may win it now if he doesn't have an ace. Since he raised, should I let it go now or wait and see what the turn brings?

Turn: (7.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Since the turn brought a third club I decided to call. If it was a total blank I would have let it go right here. Should I still have laid this down since the K, Q and J of clubs are still out there?

River: (9.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

The converter keeps screwing up this part, but I check-raised, he 3-bet and I capped. Standard?

Final Pot: 9.25 BB
Old 04-08-2005, 05:25 PM

Default Re: TT vs preflop 3-bettor

I'd probably just drop this after his flop raise given his stats. Over how many hands was this? You suck out goot on the river.
Old 04-08-2005, 05:28 PM

I fold this flop to a raise. What hands do you think you are ahead here that would 3-bet pre-flop? And you don't have odds to draw.
Old 04-08-2005, 05:32 PM

i don't like the flop play....either 3bet or fold. if you 3bet and he caps he's telling you he's not afraid of the A - he's got AK or AA and you fold. if he just calls you might get a free river.
Old 04-08-2005, 05:44 PM

I'd fold to his flop raise. You're drawing to 2 outs here.

Love the river suckout.
Old 04-08-2005, 05:59 PM

I think I would check/fold the flop. This might be kind of weak-tight though. I dont see him 3-betting PF unless he has an ace or a pocket pair that is probably better than yours. Perhaps check/calling is in order if you really want to see the turn.
Old 04-08-2005, 06:16 PM

honestly, i'd probably bet-call the flop in the heat of the moment. and then convince myself than my flush outs are good on the turn, then cap the river and consider myself a poker genius.

but, thinking about it...betting the flop can't be right. maybe check-call and then check-fold a non club/ten turn?
Old 04-08-2005, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero has a backdoor flush too, so I call the raise.
Old 04-08-2005, 06:59 PM

CO could be 3-betting with a wide variety of hands given his stats and the fact that the table is currently short-handed.

I like the flop bet. CO will likely raise and mabye force out UTG, and you've got 12 outs to improve to a better hand or draw. An UTG cold-call probably means you have two outs at most, and I fold if UTG cold-calls. The pot is big, you have to attempt to protect what very well may be the best hand, and betting here is your best chance of doing this.

Turn gives you a weak flush draw, but given the size of the pot a call is OK here. Around here I might suspect I'm behind to an ace, but there are plenty of outs.

River check-cap is good here.

Anybody play this hand differently on a 6-max table?
Old 04-08-2005, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero has a backdoor flush too, so I call the raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd count the backdoor flush as an out, since you might not even win if you get the flush. So hero has 3 outs getting about 14:1. very very thin odds. I would fold the flop raise.