Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2005, 08:31 AM

Default Extra long think and then call with AA preflop

Sorry, this probably has been discussed before but it happened to me last night in a sng and I'm curious if this would get anyone else pisssed or if i just have a bad temper.

$30 sng and we are down to 7 players and I limp from UTG with 77. UTG2 calls and it gets folded to the SB who mini raises. I decide to pick up this pot right here and I push all in, a big overbet. UTG2 folds and now the SB calls time, takes most of his clock and then calls.

He turns AA. I called him everything under the sun in the chat. Pretty stupid because he probably got his rocks off even more with my tirade.

Not sure if this post belongs here or the pyschology forum but I'd be interested if this has happened to others and if they were able to handle it better than I did.
Old 04-07-2005, 08:39 AM

Default Re: Extra long think and then call with AA preflop

You never been slowrolled before? Just wait till you crack his Aces then you can have fun.
Old 04-07-2005, 08:45 AM

Sure, I've been slow rolled, everyone has. But it would be at the end of a hand and would only be a few seconds.

And yea, if there was ever a spot for aces to be cracked that was it.
Old 04-07-2005, 09:17 AM

Last week I was in a tourney and on the first hand some schmuck goes all in. I was on the button with AA and took a long time to call. The guy spent his last remaining minutes screaming about how could I take so long to call when holding AA. He got extra mad when I explained that I was eating lunch and wasn't playing attention. This is true I was eating lunch and I tend to let the first round or two go by. Ah the joys of playing online.
Old 04-07-2005, 12:19 PM

I guess I'm in the minority but I could really give a crap when someone does this to me. BFD, just move on the the next hand, next tourney, next whatever and don't give them any satisfaction by reacting to their childish behavior.

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, this probably has been discussed before but it happened to me last night in a sng and I'm curious if this would get anyone else pisssed or if i just have a bad temper.

$30 sng and we are down to 7 players and I limp from UTG with 77. UTG2 calls and it gets folded to the SB who mini raises. I decide to pick up this pot right here and I push all in, a big overbet. UTG2 folds and now the SB calls time, takes most of his clock and then calls.

He turns AA. I called him everything under the sun in the chat. Pretty stupid because he probably got his rocks off even more with my tirade.

Not sure if this post belongs here or the pyschology forum but I'd be interested if this has happened to others and if they were able to handle it better than I did.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-07-2005, 12:57 PM

Good answer. This is precisely how I will handle it the next time.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You never been slowrolled before? Just wait till you crack his Aces then you can have fun.

[/ QUOTE ]
Shouldn't have slowrolled those aces, bub. You gave me an extra 30 seconds to catch up [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

You can't be afraid to call all-in and have your Aces cracked, man; the random number generator can smell your fear and this ups the suckout rate.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:45 PM

What is it that pissed you off? The fact that he slowplayed his AA, or the fact that he took so long?

Sorry, but I don't see anything to get worked up about in either case.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:51 PM

The other day, which actually also happened in a $33 sng, when we got heads up in level 7 I pushed in and then the guy typed in I have KK and then waited for ever and then called, he won. I push in again preflop and again he types in the chat 77 and then called and he won the tourney. That pissed me off too and I never ever wanted to suck out against someone so bad in my life. I feel your pain Toro.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:58 PM

If it's heads up, it's pre-flop, and you have AA, and the other guy is all-in, what could you possibly be thinking about? In that case, you're pretty much just wasting time. I sympathize with Toro here. Although I would never give them the satisfaction of knowing that they pissed me off.