Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2005, 04:53 AM

Default I am the jerk........

I am the biggest jerk when it comes to everything Grisgra and JR wrote in the spring break post. I break every rule that you guys make, and I'm an ignorant bastard.

I am the jerk that posts his stats over 15k hands and wonders what he does wrong. I am the jerk that plays 4 tables when he first moves up. I am the jerk who has no idea if he is a winner at 5-10 but plays anyway and rakeback excites him. I am the jerk who would be happy as hell with a 1bb/100 winrate that I dont even have overall. I am the jerk who has a 13% PFR and cant figure out how in the world he can get it up higher. I am the jerk who doesnt post nearly enough hands when I sit there dumbfounded at what to do. I am the jerk who has many "default" plays and still dont even know if they are the correct plays.

I am the jerk who needs help from a good person. I am the jerk who thinks getting a coach to teach me how to "crush" the games might be the best thing.

Is there any help for this jerk?

And if you are a jerk like me please join me in admitting it. Getting past denial is the first step.

[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 04-07-2005, 05:09 AM

Default Re: I am the jerk........

i'm a jerk. i'm an overaggressive retard. i never believe anyone that checkraises the turn and call down with my ace high. i also love to berate the fishies when i'm running bad, and tell myself that it's +EV because it encourages them to chase longshots against me since they know it makes me mad.
Old 04-07-2005, 05:15 AM

brilliant post. i definitely used to be a jerk by your definition. now i'm still probably a jerk by others definitions, but who cares abou them. Anyways, i can defnitely try and help you out. send me a PM and we can discuss your game further.
Old 04-07-2005, 05:23 AM

I will sometimes call down a loose passive with A9o and no piece of the board. There, I said it.

God, it feels good to get that off my chest. Now, how do I start changing this self destructive behavior?
Old 04-07-2005, 09:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm a jerk. i'm an overaggressive retard. i never believe anyone that checkraises the turn and call down with my ace high. i also love to berate the fishies when i'm running bad, and tell myself that it's +EV because it encourages them to chase longshots against me since they know it makes me mad.

[/ QUOTE ]

and I drink too much when I play.
Old 04-07-2005, 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm a jerk. i'm an overaggressive retard. i never believe anyone that checkraises the turn and call down with my ace high.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's YOU? Goddammit, you have no idea how much you piss me off when I semibluff-raise the turn after putting you on a non-hand and you call me down with your freakin' A7o and end up winning the pot . . . fish . . . [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-07-2005, 12:04 PM

Hi, My name is stlantny, and I go on tilt......

I sometimes get mad and tilt when someoen sucks out on me, and I take it personally and gun for them when I play my future hands. Thank you.
Old 04-07-2005, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i'm a jerk. i'm an overaggressive retard. i never believe anyone that checkraises the turn and call down with my ace high.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's YOU? Goddammit, you have no idea how much you piss me off when I semibluff-raise the turn after putting you on a non-hand and you call me down with your freakin' A7o and end up winning the pot . . . fish . . . [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm... maybe my play is more correct than i thought after taking into account the tilt factor [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-07-2005, 12:20 PM

and I have to stop berating people for re-raising me on the turn when they have 3 outs or less to win.

I apologize [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

You are my customers, and the customer is always right! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I am working on it.

cheers
Old 04-07-2005, 01:39 PM

this feels like AA all over again. *belch*