Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2005, 12:45 AM

Default MLB Thursday 4/7

I really like Greinke vs. the Tigers tomorrow. The kid can pitch. Also, Magglio left early with dizziness lingering from the flu he caught at the end of spring training.

Right now I like KC +130

Still like LA vs SF. The Giants have a horrible lineup without Bonds. Weaver is a decent enough pitcher to take at +120.

If you put a gun to my head I would also play Hudson and the Braves at -105. AJ Burnett can dominate and overpower hitters but Hudson has far more control and is less prone
to a big inning.

Hombre
Old 04-07-2005, 12:46 AM

Default Re: MLB Thursday 4/7

I am taking the royals also.
Old 04-07-2005, 02:06 AM

Agree with you guys completely on Greinke and tomorrows game (got it at +130). If there was such a thing, I'd be due for a loss though after going 4-0 today (KC+155, MIL+106, TEX+135, OAK+140).

I realize there's no point to this post. I just had to brag. That was pretty cool. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-07-2005, 02:49 AM

I love Oakland at +105 at Baltimore. Haren is extremely talented with very low potential for a breakdown (and very high potential for a breakout). The A's are far and away the most underrated team in baseball. Their offense is better than it was last year and the bullpen may be the best in baseball.

The fact that the A's are an underdog is insulting, but I'll take the free money and get on with my life. I have huge plans for betting the A's strong until everyone realizes they're actually the best team in the AL west.
Old 04-07-2005, 02:55 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 04-07-2005, 04:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Oakland's bullpen is improved, but no where close to the best in baseball. Street is going to be a stud but he is still very young. Dotel is one of the shakiest closer in all of baseball.

[/ QUOTE ]

Name a better bullpen if you can, please. Sorry, but Dotel is a stud and last year his numbers were fairly ridiculous considering he battled several minor injuries, he was definitely overthrowing rather than pitching, and he didn't have as effective a slider as he now possesses. Watch this team closely this year, they're making the playoffs.
Old 04-07-2005, 04:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Oakland's bullpen is improved, but no where close to the best in baseball. Street is going to be a stud but he is still very young. Dotel is one of the shakiest closer in all of baseball.

[/ QUOTE ]

Name a better bullpen if you can, please. Sorry, but Dotel is a stud and last year his numbers were fairly ridiculous considering he battled several minor injuries, he was definitely overthrowing rather than pitching, and he didn't have as effective a slider as he now possesses. Watch this team closely this year, they're making the playoffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would claim the Angels have a better pen, but I agree it's close. Oakland's pen has loads of upside.
Old 04-07-2005, 07:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I love Oakland at +105 at Baltimore. Haren is extremely talented with very low potential for a breakdown (and very high potential for a breakout). The A's are far and away the most underrated team in baseball. Their offense is better than it was last year and the bullpen may be the best in baseball.

The fact that the A's are an underdog is insulting, but I'll take the free money and get on with my life. I have huge plans for betting the A's strong until everyone realizes they're actually the best team in the AL west.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree the A's are underrated. At one point they were getting something like 12-1 to win the division, (I picked them up later at 8-1). I think they'll win around 90 games and have as good a chance as any to win the division.

People are REALLY overestimating the losses of Hudson and Mulder.

I just looked up the line... +112 now, and Oakland has probably their best starter in Harden on the mound. Meanwhile Baltimore has an unproven lefty with control problems pitching.

I think this is an easy bet.

EDIT: I misread the line. It's Haren, not Harden, pitching for Oakland. That makes it more even, but I still think it's a decent bet.
Old 04-07-2005, 08:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
KC scored 9 runs today, there offense is probably the worst in all of baseball, can they score enough after scoring 9 today?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why I always get up from a poker game after being dealt aces. What are the odds I'm going to get aces twice, ya know?
Old 04-07-2005, 08:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is why I always get up from a poker game after being dealt aces. What are the odds I'm going to get aces twice, ya know?

[/ QUOTE ]

(* yes, this is off topic *)

I do not mean to be rude ... but cards is a much different animal. Just because you get AA, does not mean you'll win. More so, it does not mean that you will not get them again soon. Nor does not mean you can not win again.

I understand your logic - jumping off a team that scored that 9 runs. I have seen people love grabbing a team or betting the over after a team is shut out.