Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2005, 12:07 AM

Default i give up (no content)

I don't know how to deal with it. I play my butt off for three hundred hands I get a good bb/100 rate and bam! 5 or 6 river burns and it's gone. I'm a loser for the day. It wouldn't be so bad but it's every day. It's not like I start playing bad, I've looked at the hand histories. I wouldn't play most of them any different. It's continual suck outs. Tonight is just the next installment of same crap different day. I lost three pots to a person hitting a set on the river and two more to runner runner flushes. I went from 25 BB's up to dead even in 12 hands. This happens on most days. Granted I'm not a losing player over my 32K hands at 2/4...but I aint thumping it.

How do people deal with this? I'm sure I'm not the only person that has to deal with constant suckouts killing my profit. Mentally this is tough on me. Any tricks to help me remain sane?
Old 04-07-2005, 12:12 AM

Default Re: i give up (no content)

Bluto: "My advice to you is start drinking heavily."

- Jim
Old 04-07-2005, 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bluto: "My advice to you is start drinking heavily."

- Jim

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm allowed to use this for BOTH dealing with the little lady and poker problems? Wow, alcohol is a godsend!
Old 04-07-2005, 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know how to deal with it. I play my butt off for three hundred hands I get a good bb/100 rate and bam! 5 or 6 river burns and it's gone. I'm a loser for the day. It wouldn't be so bad but it's every day. It's not like I start playing bad, I've looked at the hand histories. I wouldn't play most of them any different. It's continual suck outs. Tonight is just the next installment of same crap different day. I lost three pots to a person hitting a set on the river and two more to runner runner flushes. I went from 25 BB's up to dead even in 12 hands. This happens on most days. Granted I'm not a losing player over my 32K hands at 2/4...but I aint thumping it.

How do people deal with this? I'm sure I'm not the only person that has to deal with constant suckouts killing my profit. Mentally this is tough on me. Any tricks to help me remain sane?

[/ QUOTE ]

I write a rant about how I'm gonna quit this whore of a game. Then I look at some hand histories. Find that I usually don't do anything severely retarded. Observe how many of my opponets ARE severely retarded. Get back on the horse. Lose repeatedly with KK-QQ to Axo. Drop another 100 BB. Keep on trucking. I'll get mine. Or I will begin the killing. And it will be bloody.
Old 04-07-2005, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Try to remember from where your profit came.
Old 04-07-2005, 12:58 AM

Disclaimer: the following comment is -EV. I am aware of this. I am only making the comment because a part of the reason I play poker (fun) makes up for the loss of EV.

You might want to try moving down limits.

I dont feel comforatable playing at a limit without AT LEAST 1200 BBs.

I feel I am far more psychologically prepared for swings when they are a much smaller chunk of my roll. The game is still fun.

You have your whole poker life ahead of you. It isnt mandatory that you move up the second you hit, say, 300 BBs for the next limit.

Also... try to think of poker as one long session. You seem too concerned with getting ahead for the day.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:11 AM

1200?
Old 04-07-2005, 01:12 AM

seriously, you wouldn't play party 2/4 with less than 4800 bucks? that's overkill
Old 04-07-2005, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont feel comforatable playing at a limit without AT LEAST 1200 BBs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I mean...wow.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, I mean...wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont worry. I'm well aware. Its insane.

I just dont want to move up right now (I have over a 1k BB roll for my next limit)

I'm content.

Again, poker is more for fun than money for me (at least now). I enjoy the game.