Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2005, 06:44 PM

Default The beginning of a beautiful...

...love/hate relationship? I've tried to answer at least 5 posts and have not orignated a post in a few days, so I'm treating myself (and you) to this!

Paradise Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Preparing to raise if 1st in, just like I've been told.

<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, don't cold call, don't cold call <font color="#666666">

1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, maybe I can call with someone coming in between?

<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">

Button 3-bets</font>, CRAP!

SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (21 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>

SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP1 calls,

Can't fold for 1 bet with a pot this big... Hero calls,

<font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, CRAP!

SB folds, UTG calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls. I can hear Ed Miller (in Obi-Wan's voice) ...when the pot is huge, don't think about folding. Think how you're going to win this pot..."

Turn: (14.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font> Promising.

UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, CRAP!!! Ed Miller! You're going to be the death of me! UTG calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (22.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font> I am touched by the hand of the man himself.
UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, UTG calls, MP1 folds.

Final Pot: 25.50 BB

Ed Miller RULES!!!
Old 04-06-2005, 06:53 PM

Default Re: The beginning of a beautiful...

I might let this one go on the flop, but your right about the pot size. I would proably call too to see the turn.

That's where it gets sticky. I don't think I am folding the nut flush draw, just looking out for the final club to pair the board. With the club draw, I would usually raise, but with the button going crazy, I would proably call too.

River=good. With no raise from button, he is proably just a maniac capping with top pair, or two pair.

Hope I'm first. Trying to fill my required replies per GC. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-06-2005, 06:54 PM

I wouldn't call here. But then again i'm trying not to coldcall at all. Still, AJs isn't a hand i'd love to play on the flop.

On the flop, you have a capped pot pf, you only have an ace that is possibly dominated, a J that you can't feel good about even if you hit and a backdoor flush draw. You shouldn't be here at all, but i think i might manage to find that fold button here. yes it's a huge pot, but you have
1.5 outs for the backdoor flush, and an ace that isn't exactly going to thril anyone with it's kicker. With the expectation of it being raised again on the flop, save yourself the trouble and fold
Old 04-06-2005, 07:03 PM

I would have folded PF.
On the flop you must call. You simply must. Even forgeting about the high-card value of your hand (which is &gt;0), you have 2 backdoor draws to the nuts, worth a total of 3 outs. Getting 1:23, and not even considering implied odds, folding the flop would be bad.
Old 04-06-2005, 07:04 PM

I think I fold this preflop. If you got a few cold callers it might be OK, but it seems like the button is aggressive which is less reason for you to cold call. Obviously you're stuck in the hand once it's capped preflop.

I give you about 2 outs on the flop for the BD flush draw and BD straight draw. I'm not even counting the jack or ace as you are very likely dominated. If you knew it wasn't going to be raised behind you you could take one off, but seeing as button is aggressive, and likely has a decent holding as he 3 bet preflop, I'd fold the flop.

You don't want to fold in huge pots when you have a made hand that is good enough to warrant a call, or when you are getting the right odds. Here you are barely getting the right odds, but the chance button is going to raise it, and the flop might even get capped means FOLD.

Turn looks good. I'd go for a check raise on the river.
Old 04-06-2005, 07:06 PM

Well, preflop AJo is an automatic dump. AJs I would consider a coldcall with 2 others in before me. One is pushing it but that's OK.

23:1 sounds just about right to call this flop. Great call. Of course you can't fold it when Button raises, either.

Turn is the same story.

The river is a suckout for the ages [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Edit: I must vehemently disagree with anyone who suggests folding this flop. I don't care if its capped behind me, we have odds to see this turn even if Button raises and UTG 3-bets it.
Old 04-06-2005, 07:12 PM

I would 3-bet preflop. I think calling the turn is right, although I feel like people are gonna suggest a raise. Hope i'm not repeating everyone else since I didnt look at any replies.
Old 04-06-2005, 07:13 PM

I would have played it exactly the same way you did if I felt fairly certain at least one of the blinds was on the loose side and would call. If they were tight I would have folded.

The only other difference is that if I did play the hand, the river would not have made my flush and if I didn't it would have. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 04-06-2005, 07:20 PM

Button has raised every street so far. I would be very tempted to check and raise this to get another bet in the river. The flush came runner runner so not a huge reason to fear it checking through him, but leading out he could raise and blow away the field of ui pairs or whatever...
Old 04-06-2005, 07:59 PM

Good point on the c/r. Honestly, I was so pumped (and embarrassed) that I hit my runner-runner flush that I went into "value bet, value bet!" mode without thinking that button was the aggressor here. Next time I won't let my emotions get the better of me.