Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2005, 04:05 PM

Default TPTK + 4flush board

Crypto $1/$2, real loose table for crypto, 40%. I must look like a rock to the table, this was probably my 2nd playable hand in a couple orbits, I havent shown down anything yet. BB is fairly fishy - 36%/4%/0.8 after 25 hands.

Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Preflop:
4 folds, MP limps, folded to hero who raises, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop (3 players, 6sb) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
bb check, mp check, hero bet, call call.

Turn (3 players, 9sb) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
bb check, mp check, hero bet, fold call.

River (2 players 5.5bb) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
bb bets, Hero ???

I've been 2nd guessing my action all day.

Edit: Let me tack on my thought process: BB seems fishy, if he's on a good run of cards, he's certainly not raising enough.. Fishy players aren't deceptive players, I think this guy's too passive to throw a bet out there without the spade, or at least one of the several straights I see in there.. OTOH, I'm getting 6.5:1...... Do you win when a fish river bets you with this board 15% of the time?
Old 04-06-2005, 04:10 PM

Default Re: TPTK + 4flush board

I'd make the crying call. He might be a 2+2er using Clarkmeister's Theorem =O.
Old 04-06-2005, 04:10 PM

I think you can fold here, I don't think this is a bluff 15% of the time. If he was known to be aggressive maybe, but I don't think passive players are betting anything you beat here.

-Tim
Old 04-06-2005, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Turn (3 players, 9sb) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="red">3</font>[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
bb check, mp check, hero bet, fold call.

River (2 players 5.5bb) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="red">J</font>[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
bb bets, Hero ???

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-06-2005, 04:12 PM

The pot is too small here IMO. Let this one go. If this situation (or a similar one) comes up again at this table I'd probably call there for table image.
Old 04-06-2005, 04:13 PM

that's a tough one .. he could have a spade and your done for .. on the other hand he may not and you have already put a lot into the pot.. i might call on the other hand i might fold.. just gotta go with your gut
Old 04-06-2005, 04:13 PM

preflop is good

flop is good

turn is good

river well you don't have much in terms of stats, so don't use them .. seriously if you ignore PT stats till you had a 100+ on someone, and just watched them play you'd be better off

I think you'll see a bluff here a decent amount of the time, I'd prob fold .. 4straight/4flush boards are ugly, he needs a bluff 15% of the time for calling to be correct its prob pretty close to it
Old 04-06-2005, 04:14 PM

In an attempt to shed the vestiges of my weak-tightness, I'd consider calling, because its only one more bet, but since the BB has such a low aggression factor, I'd tend to give him credit for the flush and fold.
Old 04-06-2005, 04:15 PM

"BB is fairly fishy - 36%/4%/0.8"

This doesn't sound like someone who would use Clarkmeister's Theorem.
Old 04-06-2005, 04:16 PM

If he's passive and raising you on the river, on THAT board, you can fold. TPTK is just far, far too vunerable and the pot is too small to really justify a call. If you know he's a bluffer, you can call, but going with that passive read that you have, i'd grumble and fold.