Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2005, 11:49 AM

Default WSoP lodging advice - Main Event

I need some help deciding where to stay, Arriving the 6th of July, playing in main event.

Does the convenience of staying AT the Rio outweigh the bankroll-sparing effect of staying RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET at the Gold Coast?

assuming a stay from the 6th through the 12th, the prices aer roughly 1500 vs 560

I know this is an individual decision, but wanted to get a feel for how important the convenience of option 1 would be?
ie how long are the breaks? if you needed to go to your room for some reason (i can't really imagine what)
I obviousley dont know which day-1-heat , I'll be in, and once (if) I get knocked out - I'd probably rather be on the strip to have more options within walking distance.
thanks,
indecisive doc
Old 04-06-2005, 12:13 PM

Default Re: WSoP lodging advice - Main Event

Impossible to answer this for another person, as it's a matter of personal preference.

I'm going to be in Vegas July 3-8 (not staying for main event where I'd probably be dead money), and am staying at THEhotel. It's more expensive than your choices, but my wife wants a nice hotel.

If you want to do things cheaper than RIO, I'd consider a middle course Here's a list which I got off one of the travel sites:

For July 6-12:

Alladin -- about $700.
Flamingo -- about $650
Sahara -- about $325
Harrah's -- about $540

For my money -- Alladin or Harrahs look like the best value. Since Harrahs owns RIO, Binions (and hence WSOP, maybe they're running shuttles to the events? Call them.)
Several others have similar rates.

Also, check other sources. I see a rate of about $420 for Gold Coast on Expedia for those days.
Old 04-06-2005, 01:26 PM

Default Re: WSoP lodging advice - Main Event

Breaks between levels will probably be either 15 or 20 minutes. Barely enough time to get to your room and back if you're staying at the Rio.

The dinner break will probably be 90 minutes or so; that would be enough time to get to the Gold Coast.