Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2005, 10:43 AM

Location: Condemned to a lifetime in the kiddie pool, where I will never make moves.
Default Interesting River-HU match vs Shillx

This was a HU match at PokerStars .02/.04 HU tables from a long while back. This hand has stuck in my head ever since.

here's my read of him from a previous post

[ QUOTE ]
at a significant disadvantage to him, he was showing nearly every hand afterwards.

I ended up +45BB in 200 hands, for a winrate of 22.86BB/100. Is that sustainable?
Here's my read on him HU. He will never fold his blinds. Never.
He's also willing to raise garbage hands preflop as well as premium hands. This makes it harder to read him.
He will bluff pretty frequently postflop. I don't have any trouble getting action from him. He's very aggressive.
I am not bluffing much against him because he's likely to go to showdown, and is hard to move off a hand (even bluffing hands).

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="blue">
PokerStars 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (2 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
Hero calls, Shillx checks.

<font color="black">Yuck, I know, I just wanted to be tricky or something [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]</font>

Flop: (2 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Shillx bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Shillx 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Shillx calls.

<font color="black">Now that I look back I think the cap was too strong of a move. Is calling the 3-bet and raising the turn better?</font>

Turn: (5 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Shillx checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Shillx calls.

<font color="black">Blech, 1 stinking turn bet?</font>

River: (7 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Shillx bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Shillx calls.

<font color="black">I don't think he would call the turn if he didn't want to showdown, so I knew he'd use clarkmeister's theorem on the river.</font>

Final Pot: 11 BB</font>
Old 04-06-2005, 03:04 PM

Location: Condemned to a lifetime in the kiddie pool, where I will never make moves.
Default Re: Interesting River-HU match vs Shillx

I'd edit the title and change it to boring, but it is too late.

I suck at posting.