Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2005, 10:40 PM

Default Is this right?

I was only at the table for 2 hands so I have no reads. I would like to think I made the smart move. Open fire when ready.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (20 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, Button folds, Hero folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (15 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 folds.

River: (17 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 19 BB

The more I look at it I think I should have called and lead out on the turn.
Old 04-05-2005, 10:43 PM

Default Re: Is this right?

no its wrong to fold that flop
Old 04-05-2005, 11:01 PM

Hey, at least we know that it was settled ina showdown because you showed us the rest of the hand.
Old 04-05-2005, 11:05 PM

Personally i'd cap the flop and lead the turn. If BB raised again i'd go into call-down mode.. The fold is horrible...I dunno if i'd ever lay down an overpair on the flop...definately not on that board.
Old 04-06-2005, 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was only at the table for 2 hands so I have no reads. I would like to think I made the smart move.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's smart about this play?
Old 04-06-2005, 01:21 AM

I think it's likely you're behind on the flop to a set or a straight. I'd also guess that big blind has KK or AA about 25% of the time in this situation. I would call the flop reraise, hoping to see another Q or a diamond. With a blank turn, I think I'd get out if there was significant action and call down otherwise.
Old 04-06-2005, 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Personally i'd cap the flop and lead the turn. If BB raised again i'd go into call-down mode.. The fold is horrible...I dunno if i'd ever lay down an overpair on the flop...definately not on that board.

[/ QUOTE ]

do this next time. lose the pot. and then do it again the time after. keep doing it until you win the pot. Then keep doing it. This pot is huge.
Old 04-06-2005, 07:28 AM

I was really kicking myself the more I looked at this. The only thing in my mind was he has AA or KK. I have been beat so many times lately with AA when I have something lower.

As the table went on the two players in the pot turned out to be SLAA and LPP.

Needless to say loosy goosy was chasing wiht J2 and SLAA had a pair of JJ. What a horrible play on my part!!!
Old 04-06-2005, 10:24 AM

Flop: I'm considering wether to cap this flop. Surely, MP3 could have a made straight, but it's doubtful. I would guess he has a straight or a flush draw, or perhaps a low set. Button probably has a big or medium pocket pair, or AK-AJ diamonds. Hard to know what UTG+1 has as he's just calling.

The pot is way too big to fold. You are getting 14:1 (there are 28 small bets in the pot and you have to pay two to see the turn) and you still might have the best hand.

If you cap, I would have bet out on the turn. If MP3 still raises he's really indicating a strong hand and not a draw, so I would just call and check/call the river.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:27 AM

&lt;I would call the flop reraise, hoping to see another Q or a diamond.&gt;

Why would you want a diamond here? Not only does it give someone a possible flush, but it only gives you the redraw for the third nuts. So if you want a diamond here for the flush redraw you'd really want K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], but then you wouldn't have overpair anymore.

In short, a diamond is bad.