Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2005, 04:37 PM

Default AA decision.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (5.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.75 BB

Well I'm playing two tables of 0.50-1.00 and one 1-2 just to ease the transition a little. What I noticed and also what I read about 1-2 was that players typically won't call the flop or turn with absolutely nothing, like they would at 0.50-1.00.

My reads on the villian: seen him limp a few times and folded to a flop bet. Hasn't shown down any hands.

So with that in mind how do you guys play this headsup against a seemingly loose/passive player? Should I bet folding this to a raise.

Is checking the river out of the question?
Old 04-05-2005, 04:42 PM

Default Re: AA decision.

Folding to this river raise is bad. I was considering a 3-bet, but once I saw your read on him, I think that the call is fine.
Old 04-05-2005, 04:48 PM

I don't see how you can bet the river. Him calling a bet when a blank turn comes means he's got some type of hand (a 9 probably). If you bet one the river, you dont' really want to be called, because he's most likely going to be calling with a better hand than you. And you ESPECIALLY don't want to be raised, because you are almost certainly beat and there's no way you can get away from the hand. I'd check/call the river and be happy if you win the pot.
Old 04-05-2005, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you bet on the river, you really do want to be called, because he's most likely going to be calling with a worse hand than you. You don't really want to be raised, but there's no way you can get away from the hand. I'd value bet the river and be happy when he calls you with a worse hand WAY more than half the time. .

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed your post.
Old 04-05-2005, 04:55 PM

Best. Editor. Ever.
Old 04-05-2005, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is checking the river out of the question?

[/ QUOTE ]
Absolutely out of the question. Villain could be calling down with Ax (possibly A8), a PP from 22-TT (given 2's, 8's and 9's beat you), two high spades that he didn't want to fold for one bet on the flop and probably a number of other hands. This is absolutely a value bet.

Given that he raised you, you are probably beat, but I call for sanity's sake at least.
Old 04-05-2005, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you bet on the river, you really do want to be called, because he's most likely going to be calling with a worse hand than you. You don't really want to be raised, but there's no way you can get away from the hand. I'd value bet the river and be happy when he calls you with a worse hand WAY more than half the time. .

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed your post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Word. He could have anything from overcards, a lone 6, or a OESD.

Must. Bet. River.

Rich
Old 04-05-2005, 06:57 PM

Thanks for the replies. To tell you the truth, I probably bet this 99% of the time at 0.50-1.00, but am hesistant at 1-2. Need to get the thought of money out of my head and just think in terms of bets.
Old 04-05-2005, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the replies. To tell you the truth, I probably bet this 99% of the time at 0.50-1.00, but am hesistant at 1-2.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should bet this more at 1/2...and .5/1 for that matter.