Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2005, 01:07 AM

Default Burn cards

As a new poster here I am going to ask a dumb question..
Are there Theoretical "burn" cards in online play??
I play on UB and am not sure. When im counting cards that have been distributed do i count the three normal burn cards??
Old 04-05-2005, 01:09 AM

Default Re: Burn cards

you play online? dude online poker is rigged...
Old 04-05-2005, 06:51 AM

If the inclusion of 3 burn cards will make a difference in your decision, the correct play is to fold.
Old 04-05-2005, 06:56 AM

"As a new poster here I am going to ask a dumb question.."

Yes, yes you are.

The 'burn' cards in live play are unknown cards. Just like the cards in the deck or the cards in someone elses hand.
Old 04-05-2005, 07:13 AM

i wouldn't play online. many people have cracked the algorithms and know what cards are coming next. some sites use burn cards, and some sites don't, but these hackers still know what cards are coming next either way. if i was you i would stick to only live poker because you will lose alot of money online to hackers.

once in a no limit game i got dealt KK and went all-in preflop. then another guy who had a little more money than me went all-in too. he had AA. then a third guy called us both. he had 28 offsuit. the flop came 228 and the turn was another 2. that is just one example. it has happened lots of other times. you have to find out who the hackers are and if you see them at the table play at another one, or even better just DON'T PLAY ONLINE AT ALL!
Old 04-05-2005, 08:26 AM

Don't scare him off, the fish pool will one day dry up, and you will regret all these sarcy comments that scared them away.

Being as you wrote this at 1am 1992renegade I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt, and say you were drunk. In your now sober state, you should realise that the sites on the internet use a RANDOM card generator. Now what would be the point of 'theoretically' burning cards?
Ok now your question is answered, I have one... now this may sound stupid, but what the hell did you mean when you said 'When im counting cards that have been distributed do i count the three normal burn cards??' Im very interested as to who gave you this sound piece of advise, and I wish to someday shake his hand. If more people were dishing out such great advice, the world would be a better place.
Old 04-05-2005, 09:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i wouldn't play online. many people have cracked the algorithms and know what cards are coming next. some sites use burn cards, and some sites don't, but these hackers still know what cards are coming next either way. if i was you i would stick to only live poker because you will lose alot of money online to hackers.

once in a no limit game i got dealt KK and went all-in preflop. then another guy who had a little more money than me went all-in too. he had AA. then a third guy called us both. he had 28 offsuit. the flop came 228 and the turn was another 2. that is just one example. it has happened lots of other times. you have to find out who the hackers are and if you see them at the table play at another one, or even better just DON'T PLAY ONLINE AT ALL!

[/ QUOTE ]

This is either a bad joke or a paranoid player who doesn't get it.