Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2005, 12:31 AM

Default A few questions about poker bonus whoring.

How many 'reputable' poker sites are there with $100 or more deposit bonuses?

How long does it take to clear bonuses at various levels?

Has anyone ever used a 'mule'? By this I mean, someone elses name to clear all the various deposit bonuses.

How much, approximately, can one bonus whore from all the reputable sites? $1000? $2000?

Thank you very much in advance, I realize I am asking alot, and any links are as good as any replies.
Old 04-05-2005, 12:36 AM

Default Re: A few questions about poker bonus whoring.

'http://www.bonuswhores.com/bonus-whoring-101.php#less-frequent'

Is this information all accurate? It seems far too great to be true.

How many party skins are there?
Old 04-05-2005, 12:39 AM

Your link is probably to the same guide.... but here is the one I use: http://www.bonuswhores.com/bonus-whoring-101.php

Yes it is accurate for all the bonuses I have done so far.
Old 04-05-2005, 01:22 AM

Depends how many poker rooms you're on. Some sites have reload bonuses every month, Party Poker for example has had a reload bonus for the past few months now.

Anyways, I still haven't gotten my $100 Kaz...
Old 04-05-2005, 01:24 AM

One more thing, you're better off with a rake back program than bonus whoring, especially if you play at higher levels.
Old 04-05-2005, 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
One more thing, you're better off with a rake back program than bonus whoring, especially if you play at higher levels.

[/ QUOTE ]
...says the guy who plays 50c/$1 limit.

rakeback is worth looking into once you get to about $5/10 tables. in the meantime just signup with one or two affiliates as backups and whore the majority of your bankroll up.
Old 04-05-2005, 03:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
...says the guy who plays 50c/$1 limit.

rakeback is worth looking into once you get to about $5/10 tables. in the meantime just signup with one or two affiliates as backups and whore the majority of your bankroll up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said I played at high levels, I said rake back is better than a $100 reload bonus once a month if you play at higher levels.
Old 04-05-2005, 10:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I never said I played at high levels, I said rake back is better than a $100 reload bonus once a month if you play at higher levels.

[/ QUOTE ]
your use of the phrase "higher levels" is very arbitrary and gives me the impression that you don't really know the mathematics of how rakeback is calculated. you're just regurgitating what someone else might have told you without actually explaning why that is the case, if it even is.

even with pot sizes which rake the maximum $3 per hand, a 25% rakeback deal maxes out at about 7.5c per, or 12.5c at 6-max. at the same time, the typical bonus paid directly from the site is worth 10-20c, regardless of limits played (meaning the rakeback equivalent on what you pay to the site can be worth as much as 800%). and no one says you have to play at only one site for the entire month.

I've come to believe that the ratio of people who praise rakeback vs. the number of people who actually benefit from it long term compared to bonus earnings is relatively high. you are not one of the few zoo members that I could consider having a legitimate debate about this topic with.
Old 04-05-2005, 10:24 AM

for specific bonus whoring questions, just search for posts by playersare. he's answered most questions, and well.

bonuswhoring is certainly a great aid to help low limit players build up their bankroll. I started at .50/1, and now have a bankroll for 5/10. But, I still play 1/2 6max or 2/4 simply b/c my game hasn't improved as fast as my roll has.

This is b/c I play almost 100% of my hands while bonus whoring, giving me basically a 'no lose' situation. Even a bad downswing is compensated by the bonus I earn. which is nice [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-05-2005, 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

bonuswhoring is certainly a great aid to help low limit players build up their bankroll. I started at .50/1, and now have a bankroll for 5/10. But, I still play 1/2 6max or 2/4 simply b/c my game hasn't improved as fast as my roll has.

This is b/c I play almost 100% of my hands while bonus whoring, giving me basically a 'no lose' situation. Even a bad downswing is compensated by the bonus I earn. which is nice [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Re-read this post 2 or 3 times especially the part I put in bold face.