Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Muck, 3 Bet, Cold Call?
Muck 6 42.86%
3-Bet 6 42.86%
Cold Call 2 14.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-04-2005, 05:00 AM

Default Gambooling question

This is the basic situation:

You are heads up against a rich maniac. The game is $5/10 no limit and you have $2,000 in the table (your whole bankroll is $50,000) and your opponent has a $1,000,000. This is truly no limit poker: If your opponent bets all-in, you have to call it to win the pot. So basically you have to sell everything and take a HUGE loan if he bets all of his money.

You still decide to play against him.

You are SB and villain is BB and dealer. You are dealt red queens and you open raise it to $50 and your opponent raises it to $100. You call. Flop is J 2 7 rainbow. Villain checks and you bet $200. He calls. Turn is Q completing the rainbow. Villain checks again and you fire $400.

Now villain looks you long in the eye and shows he has As Ks, but this ain't a muck. He reaches for his stack.
Old 04-04-2005, 05:44 AM

Default Re: Gambooling question

BTW. I just took 2' and 3' out of my deck. I wanted to simulate this. I choose aces to be the "losing cards". First time picked up a king. Second time I picked an ace! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] Guess I have to shoot myself now.
Old 04-04-2005, 03:48 PM

i would never play a game where I would be forced to fold if I had to match the big stacks bet by buying in for more chips mid hand... its a stupid format and would def. be -EV for the Hero if he doesn't have near the money the villian has at the table.

that said. I would be willing to put all of my liquid assets into the pot. I have no interest in ever being in debt. If I lose I have still have some assets to work with and I would not ever have to go into debt.
Old 04-04-2005, 04:42 PM

I don't have that much gamble in me. I couldn't deal with going completley bust.
Old 04-04-2005, 05:04 PM

Location: it\'s like a puzzle with pans. if you think about it.

it's obvious this guy is a cheater, FOLD!!!!
Old 04-04-2005, 05:15 PM

I'm pushing my life into this pot. If I lose, hey, there's always heaven (for gamblers?)
Old 04-04-2005, 06:13 PM

Have you heard of table stakes? If this is "truly no limit poker" then I would instantly call for the entire $2000 that I have sitting on the table.
Old 04-04-2005, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Have you heard of table stakes? If this is "truly no limit poker" then I would instantly call for the entire $2000 that I have sitting on the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red"> This is truly no limit poker: If your opponent bets all-in, you have to call it to win the pot. So basically you have to sell everything and take a HUGE loan if he bets all of his money.
</font>

.. I voted #1, what the hell. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] (but, I wouldn't call with 55, so, # one and a half)