Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2005, 08:33 PM

Default Iso with 66

All players are regulars. Half decent but UTG is more a NL player.

$4/8 live (9 handed)

I get delt 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in MP2.

UTG raises, it's folded to me in MP2, I 3-bet, folded back to UTG, he calls.

Flop (7.5sb): 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players)

UTG checks, watches me as I bet, and casually calls.

He's pretty tight, so the call scares me. There isn't a draw on the board he would be on with a raise from UTG.

Turn5BB) J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)

UTG checks, do I bet given the read?
Old 04-03-2005, 08:44 PM

Default Re: Iso with 66

Bet it but be prepared to fold to a check/raise. And if he just calls your turn bet then check on the river.
Old 04-03-2005, 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet it but be prepared to fold to a check/raise. And if he just calls your turn bet then check on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, that's my normal line. I'm wondering if I should play it different because I know this guy well enough. I think betting here is chip spewing against him.
Old 04-03-2005, 09:07 PM

I'd like to hear your thinking on re-raising with 66. I don't see the odds working out there.
Old 04-03-2005, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to hear your thinking on re-raising with 66. I don't see the odds working out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's the best hand quite a bit, and holds up alot more if I 3-bet and isolate the UTG raiser.
Old 04-03-2005, 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it's the best hand quite a bit, and holds up alot more if I 3-bet and isolate the UTG raiser.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this.

And generally use this play.

But, I dont know if I do this vs THIS player. You seem to think he is VERY tight.

Are we talking like AA-TT + AK type tight here?
Old 04-03-2005, 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this.

And generally use this play.

But, I dont know if I do this vs THIS player. You seem to think he is VERY tight.

Are we talking like AA-TT + AK type tight here?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not a donk. AA-TT, AK, AQ, AJ, ATs, and KQ...maybe 99. He is hella tight/passive post flop if there is any aggression. He generally bets his good hands and slows down to aggression without a monster. The only way I would see him calling this bet is with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (Even that's unlikely) if he has no pair. He wont cap JJ or TT preflop, im sure of that, and he would check/call this flop. Maybe it was a bad idea to try and isolate him? I know I pick up the pot if he misses, but I get lost in this situation.
Old 04-03-2005, 09:37 PM

I think you should check here. HIs smooth call and your read on him indicate an extremely strong heand. He knows that you are pretty aggressive so I think he's looking to CR here. At worst he has AQ, but I'm thinking more like JJ 1010 or even a set of queens
Old 04-03-2005, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He's not a donk. AA-TT, AK, AQ, AJ, ATs, and KQ...maybe 99. He is hella tight/passive post flop if there is any aggression. He generally bets his good hands and slows down to aggression without a monster. The only way I would see him calling this bet is with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (Even that's unlikely) if he has no pair. He wont cap JJ or TT preflop, im sure of that, and he would check/call this flop. Maybe it was a bad idea to try and isolate him? I know I pick up the pot if he misses, but I get lost in this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im heading out now, so I dont have time to do the math...

But, instinctively, I like the isolation against this player, because he seems like he makes bad folds if he misses the flop with unpaired cards (which make up a nice chunk of his range).

But, if he wont call without a pair, I see no reason to keep betting, unless you can fold TT-JJ. Can you?
Old 04-03-2005, 09:44 PM

I think if you're going to give this up because of one call on a 25Q flop (which I'm not saying is necessarily wrong...it's your read) then you should fold preflop.