Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2005, 04:51 AM

Default i want you to know that i\'m good!

i have a problem. take tonight for example. i'm playing a SNG. i'm playing aggressive on the bubble because i'm short stacked. i'm stealing just enough blinds to stay alive. finally i get called by someone and suck out to double up. he calls me an idiot. tells me i'm horrible. what do i do? i tell him if he doesn't realize why it was a good play, he's an idiot.

what the hell is wrong with me. let me get this straight. i have a solid ROI over a couple hundred tournaments at the $50 level. i'm making more money playing poker than i ever could have dreamed (about 4 months ago i was barely surviving on a $70 BR and playing the .5/1 limit) i know i'm better than probably 90% of the players i'm up against. and for some reason, this no-name schmuck who sucks at poker, is probably break-even at best, is getting under my skin?

i should be able to just type "" and leave it at that. but i can't. i feel obligated to let this guy know that "HEY, I'M REALLY GOOD AT POKER. BOW DOWN TO ME FUCKER!" any suggestions or am i destined to be an egotistical [censored] my whole life.
Old 04-03-2005, 05:09 AM

Default Re: i want you to know that i\'m good!

I would submit for your consideration, that you may not be quite as good as you think.

When you get really good and you know that you are really good, you won't need external justification.

I shouldn't reply to this post because, I don't have it all figured out either.
Old 04-03-2005, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would submit for your consideration, that you may not be quite as good as you think.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say my postflop play is slightly above average compared to most of the people online. That's pretty pathetic. Also, I can't beat the .5/1 (though that MAY be a small sample size.) I think I'm a marginal winner at the NL tables up to $200. I beat the SNGs for an acceptable return solely on the fact that I know how to beat the game, not because I'm that much better at poker than the rest of them. Trust me, I'm well aware that my poker game isn't very good. Maybe THAT'S my problem.
Old 04-05-2005, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I can't beat the .5/1

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait... WHAT?
Old 04-03-2005, 05:31 AM

I used to be like you. It's a phase. You'll get over it when you realize that you cannot simply tell people you are better than they are. They won't believe you. Even if they do believe that you are better than them, how does that help you?
Old 04-03-2005, 06:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i have a problem. take tonight for example. i'm playing a SNG. i'm playing aggressive on the bubble because i'm short stacked. i'm stealing just enough blinds to stay alive. finally i get called by someone and suck out to double up. he calls me an idiot. tells me i'm horrible. what do i do? i tell him if he doesn't realize why it was a good play, he's an idiot.

what the hell is wrong with me. let me get this straight. i have a solid ROI over a couple hundred tournaments at the $50 level. i'm making more money playing poker than i ever could have dreamed (about 4 months ago i was barely surviving on a $70 BR and playing the .5/1 limit) i know i'm better than probably 90% of the players i'm up against. and for some reason, this no-name schmuck who sucks at poker, is probably break-even at best, is getting under my skin?

i should be able to just type "" and leave it at that. but i can't. i feel obligated to let this guy know that "HEY, I'M REALLY GOOD AT POKER. BOW DOWN TO ME FUCKER!" any suggestions or am i destined to be an egotistical [censored] my whole life.

[/ QUOTE ]

just think about how much better of a player i am than you and how much more money i make then you, and realize that you arent dick in the poker world.
Old 04-03-2005, 06:50 AM

you truly are a dick Kane

you can play some cards, but you're still a dick
Old 04-03-2005, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

just think about how much better of a player i am than you and how much more money i make then you, and realize that you arent dick in the poker world.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is all true. but it doesn't help me one bit. i've been trying to think of that in terms of 95% of the people on this forum before you showed up. I'm still desperate for admiration.
Old 04-03-2005, 07:50 PM

You have his money. Why do you need his respect?
Old 04-03-2005, 08:42 PM

OK, are you really ready for some help?

If so, just read (PLEASE!) Zen and the Art Of Poker...it's cheap and so worth it!

Just let the cards come to you and don't force anything!