Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2005, 10:43 AM

Default Betting into the PFR?

When is it correct?
Old 04-02-2005, 10:51 AM

Default Re: Betting into the PFR?

whenever you have the best hand :-p
Old 04-02-2005, 10:56 AM

One great time to do it is when you flop a rock crusher like a set, and he's on your right.
Old 04-02-2005, 11:09 AM

When the pot is big and there is a decent chance you have the best hand.
Old 04-02-2005, 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When the pot is big and there is a decent chance you have the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

or when the raiser is pretty aggressive and will raise worse than middle pair overcard kicker, go ahead and bet into the maniac so he can raise and clear the field.

-Barron
Old 04-02-2005, 12:47 PM

I dont play high stakes, but here is my thought on the subject.

If you think you've got the best hand, bet out only if he's aggressive enough to raise. Especially if you're in EP, he's LP, and there are people between you. If you dont think he'll raise, but are fairly sure that if it is checked to him he'll follow through and bet, a C/R is more fitting.

I havent played mid/high stakes yet and dont really know how viable this is. But at 3/6 and 5/10 vs TAGs, stop and go betting into a raiser who you think has over cards is a pretty effective way to buy pots.

This is just from my smallish stakes experience, I dont know if the strategy would cross over into 10/20 or 15/30, but I would like feedback as well.
Old 04-02-2005, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont play high stakes, but here is my thought on the subject.

If you think you've got the best hand, bet out only if he's aggressive enough to raise. Especially if you're in EP, he's LP, and there are people between you. If you dont think he'll raise, but are fairly sure that if it is checked to him he'll follow through and bet, a C/R is more fitting.

I havent played mid/high stakes yet and dont really know how viable this is. But at 3/6 and 5/10 vs TAGs, stop and go betting into a raiser who you think has over cards is a pretty effective way to buy pots.

This is just from my smallish stakes experience, I dont know if the strategy would cross over into 10/20 or 15/30, but I would like feedback as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

allow me to clarify.

2 limpers to you, you have QTs, you limp because you have a maniac behind you who is raising all the time. he raises, shocker, 1 or 2 peopld call. a blind calls so its 6 people for 12.66 bbs in the pot.

flop comes JT3 1 diamond. you have two backdoor draws and possibly the best hand now. i say bet into the maniac who will raise. if you think checkraising here is correct, you're in the wrong position, youwant to be in the sb and have maniac on button to do that.

but you have to uderstand a disctinction here...it may be better to check call closing the action and then bet the turn (if its favorable) to get the maniac to raise THEN if by betting you will be unable to get anybody to fold for 2 small bets when the maniac raises.

-Barron