Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-02-2005, 05:52 AM

Default making some adjustments in 3/6

this past week ive noticed some staggering alterations in the 3/6 games at PP. a week ago the games were very tight passive, now they are loose semi-aggro. there are alot of donk plays that ive never seen before.

during my first 17k hands or so, i was bullying the tables very well. i would bet the flop 100% of the time after raising preflop, no matter what fell and what 2 cards i held. this strategy was working very well for me. the players at the table would not play back at me with less than strong holdings. this allowed me to command the tempo of the game and buy cards cheaply while producing folding equity. players would hopelessly chase to the river with the most random of holdings, and check down their 9 high.

things have changed. i am now getting played back at by people who dont even belong in the hand. i guess i shouldnt be complaining, but its difficult for me to distinguish when i should be paying off and when i shouldnt be. people are taking shots at me on a regular basis.

as a live player, im not used to playing against people in the dark. ive become very comfortable reading pt stats, but pt doesnt provide information like bluffing frequency/steal flop frequency etc, which i really wish it did.

i feel that i may be losing equity by betting at flops that i miss now. all of the sudden, people do not fold. period.

i must have missed the memo.

not only that, but since the action usually goes "check check, hero bets, call call, check check, hero bets, checkraise with any 2" im not getting my free cards and end up calling down to the river with a gutshot and call 1 more bet with ace high.

so what do you guys think? should i stop betting every flop, or almost every flop? would anybody notice? does metagame count?