Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2005, 12:39 AM

Default AT question

Sorry, I'm horrible at using the search function.

Anyway, lately I've started doubting what I'm doing with AT preflop. I'm curious about the following situations, because I'm limping in all three and not sure if that's right.

1) UTG at a standard table. Limp? Raise?
2) UTG+1 or UTG+2 with one so-so limper. Limp or raise?
3) On the button after a bunch of passive limpers. Limp or raise?

Thanks micro fellas.
Old 04-02-2005, 12:44 AM

Default Re: AT question

buy SSH [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

ATs, raise if no one else has from any seat.

AT, fold pre-MP2.. then consider raising a couple weak limpers in MP2/MP3/CO if you can buy the button and get a 3-way flop or something. limp or raise many limpers, they seem close in value. it will come down to postflop comfort on which makes you the most money. don't raise from the blinds unless there is only 1 (sometimes 2) limpers.
Old 04-02-2005, 12:48 AM

1. Raise (though I'm not sure what a standard table is)
2. Raise
3. Raise

All answers assume it is ATo -- with ATs all are raises for me without hesitation. Raising 1 & 2 requires an ability to fold on the flop (or turn) after raising pre-flop. If you feel you must always see a turn, or always bet / raise a flop after raising pre-flop, then raising will not necessarily be the best move pre-flop.
Old 04-02-2005, 12:49 AM

I own it, lol. Everything everyone does here is such a mix of it (tight/loose) that I haven't looked at the preflop chart in awhile, trying to go at that bit myself, at least.
Old 04-02-2005, 12:51 AM

Yes, it's all ATo, not ATs.
Old 04-02-2005, 03:12 AM

Before reading any of the other posts....

1.) Limp, unless it's a table that's seen a lot of preflop raising. Then I'd muck.

2.) Limp. I think raising to try and isolate him is way too risky... too many players left to act, and you're in a mess if you get three bet.

3.) Definitely raise if it's suited. I've been raising in this situation if it's offsuit. I'm not sure that this is a great play though, because while it's unlikely there's a bigger ace out there with a bunch of limpers, how much of an equity edge do you really have in this spot?
Old 04-02-2005, 03:20 AM

I don't know about raising under the gun with A-10... Anyone that reraises you is likely to have you dominated, and I don't think A-10o is profitable enough to make up for having to fold it to a reraise or on the flop. Maybe if you play well enough postflop you can make up for it, but I don't know if this is the optimal preflop play.
Old 04-02-2005, 03:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know about raising under the gun with A-10... Anyone that reraises you is likely to have you dominated, and I don't think A-10o is profitable enough to make up for having to fold it to a reraise or on the flop. Maybe if you play well enough postflop you can make up for it, but I don't know if this is the optimal preflop play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some are big advocates of raising UTG and some not. Kinda like KQo UTG. True you must be very careful if reraised; but also true that by raising you prevent a lot of dangerous hands from seeing the flop that would otherwise have seen it if they only had to limp behind other limpers.
Old 04-02-2005, 10:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Some are big advocates of raising UTG and some not. Kinda like KQo UTG. True you must be very careful if reraised; but also true that by raising you prevent a lot of dangerous hands from seeing the flop that would otherwise have seen it if they only had to limp behind other limpers.

[/ QUOTE ]

AJo and KQo are grouped together.. ATo is not in the same league. are you sure you are talking about ATo? ATo is PF muck UTG for most people here.
Old 04-02-2005, 11:28 AM

I limp when the table is like 30/5 or more passive.