Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2005, 08:22 PM

Default WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THIS DEAL?? (semi-long)

Hey I'm a member here but I created this new screen name to protect my identity. I have qualified for the WSOP already (not on party poker) but all my friends play on party poker, which have just started their qualifiers today. They want to go play in the main event but Party has decided to make all their satellites at 12:15am eastern, which doesn't work for my friends because they have day jobs. Since I was looking foward to playing party satellites (and winning many of them) I decided to propose this deal. Let me know what you think:

WSOP Contract

I, Joe Shmoe, will offer my help to the undersigned, to qualify for the World Series of Poker’s Main Event. The prize includes a $10,000 buy-in to the main event, 10 nights in a luxury hotel ($2000 value) and $1500 cash. The stipulations are as follows:

1.) The undersigned will deposit $500 into his Party Poker account and allow full use of the account to Joe Shmoe, until the WSOP qualifiers have stopped being offered by Party Poker.

2.) The $500 deposit will only be used to attempt to qualify for the WSOP-ME.

3.) If the initial deposit is depleted in the attempt of qualification, Joe Shmoe will assume no responsibility for the refunding of the initial $500 deposit. Joe Shmoe and the undersigned will then have no future responsibilities to each other for future qualification attempts stipulated by this contract.

4.) Upon qualification, the prize will be distributed as follows:
a.) The undersigned will receive the $10,000 buy-in and the 10 night hotel package.
b.) The $1500 cash will be divided, $500 will be withdrawn to the bank account of the undersigned, as re-payment of the initial deposit. $1000 will remain in the undersigned’s Party poker account.

5.) Upon qualification for the WSOP event, the undersigned agrees to play in the event under the terms that Party Poker has stipulated. Any cash prizes won during the event will be divided, 50% to Joe Shmoe and 50% to the undersigned

6.) The remaining $1000 is agreed to be used for future attempts to play in WSOP qualifiers by Joe Shmoe, in which a second qualification for the undersigned would result in a $13,500 cash prize deposited in the undersigned’s Party poker account. The $1000, along with any other consolation cash prizes won along the way, are the sole ownership of Joe Shmoe and can be transferred to his account at any time.

7.) If a second qualification occurs, the prize will be divided:
a. $12,500 will be transferred to the Party poker account of Joe Shmoe.
b. $1,000 will then be withdrawn to the bank account of the undersigned.

8.) After the second qualification, Joe Shmoe reserves the right to play under the undersigned’s account, with his own money, in future WSOP qualifiers. All prizes won, and/or debts occurred, after the second qualification will be the sole possession/responsibility of Joe Shmoe.

Joe Shmoe ___________________________________

(Print Name)___________________________ (Sign) ____________________________
Old 04-01-2005, 08:29 PM

Default Re: WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THIS DEAL?? (semi-long)

Seems like a good deal for you...
Old 04-01-2005, 08:38 PM

The idea is, because I'm confident in my abilities, that I will win at least two seats, so my friend will get his $500 back, plus the extra $1000 from the second win, and a free seat in the event, where he keeps half his winnings, 10 free nights in las vegas, all without having to put in any effort or late nights and only $500 risk.
Old 04-01-2005, 08:51 PM

I think you are overestimating your ability...
Old 04-01-2005, 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you are overestimating your ability...

[/ QUOTE ]

Same. There are some good posters here, but I can't believe anyone is good enough to expect to win multiple WSOP seats from a $500 bankroll.
Old 04-01-2005, 09:01 PM

What state are you in? While, admittedly, I am not familiar with the gambling laws of all 50 states, I am confident that will have zero chance of enforcing this contract via litigation in the event that the other party does not abide by its terms.

This would be a contract for an illegal purpose. Where a contract contains a clause that is illegal, the court will not to enforce the illegal terms, as a contract cannot give validity to an otherwise illegal act, there being no legal remedy for that which is itself illegal.

In other words, write out the terms on a napkin and make it clear in no uncertain terms that if he does not abide by them, you will be breaking both his legs.
Old 04-01-2005, 09:16 PM

$500 bankroll = 50 sub qualifiers = 25 wins into single table qual. = about 8 victories (assuming the freeroll for 2nd place). I feel like with 8 tries at the $300+28 tourny i will have a victory. Then I get $100 more cash for the 2nd one.
Old 04-01-2005, 09:22 PM

Well, you have to have confidence, I suppose. Good luck.

I don't see this as a bad deal for your friend, but assuming another win for you in those eight shots.......sounds a bit tough to me. Talk to David Ross -

Just out of curiosity, why did you have to "protect your identity?"

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 04-01-2005, 09:26 PM

On a side note, I was approached by my friend to do this for him, he told me to think of a deal, I in no way need to spend 4 hours a day working to get him a seat, I can make my own money, the only way I saw it to be worthwhile is if I could win the second seat, and/or get half his action. The last thing I want to is waste my time getting him a seat and get nothing out of the deal. But at the same time it would be cool to have him go with me.
Old 04-01-2005, 09:33 PM

For one thing, I don't necessarily need a "contract" with my friend. But who knows what can happen if he were to win 5 million. I protected my identity because I'mm not really sure if its legal to play for other people to win them seats.

Plus the fact that in order to win these satellites, there may be some form of collusion necessary, you are fooling your self if you don't think peple have multiple names, have other people playing for them etc. on party and there is no chip dumping going on. You have a much better chance with 2 entries into 1 qualifier than playing both entries separately.