Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2005, 07:59 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default What Do We Think of This?

hand from my OIC I feel like if I'm goign to raise the turn and fold, I should just call instead and see a showdown.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (4.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 9.75 BB
Old 04-01-2005, 08:01 PM

Default Re: What Do We Think of This?

nice.
Old 04-01-2005, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if I'm goign to raise the turn and fold, I should just call instead and see a showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

You've got it.

Myself, I'd still end up calling down I think. I call down too much in the wrong places though.
Old 04-01-2005, 08:15 PM

At 10/20 or 15/30 this might be a good fold (never played there, but going off of hand posts). At 2/4 this is often an overplayed AQ. Also, against KJ (unlikely given his PF action, I know), you have outs to fill up.

But I've seen people cap AQ before, and I've also seen them 3-bet AK on this turn. If they're maniacs.
Old 04-01-2005, 08:17 PM

after the two checks, he might easily see your turn raise as a bluff, and play AK this way. This is even more likely if he's picked up on your aggression and thought he could get in a c/r on the flop or turn if you had KK or JJ (not smart thinking, but I could see it). I'll grant that QQ or AA is more likely, though, so I don't think this is terrible. But I'd rather see a showdown.
Old 04-01-2005, 08:24 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
At 10/20 or 15/30 this might be a good fold (never played there, but going off of hand posts). At 2/4 this is often an overplayed AQ. Also, against KJ (unlikely given his PF action, I know), you have outs to fill up.

But I've seen people cap AQ before, and I've also seen them 3-bet AK on this turn. If they're maniacs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're right. so raise and call a 3-bet or clal call?
Old 04-01-2005, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
after the two checks, he might easily see your turn raise as a bluff, and play AK this way. This is even more likely if he's picked up on your aggression and thought he could get in a c/r on the flop or turn if you had KK or JJ (not smart thinking, but I could see it). I'll grant that QQ or AA is more likely, though, so I don't think this is terrible. But I'd rather see a showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

at the time I was figuring the pot was small enough that I could make a fold
Old 04-01-2005, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

at the time I was figuring the pot was small enough that I could make a fold

[/ QUOTE ]

and you're right, it kinda is. like i said, i don't think your line is too bad, just not ideal.

as to your question to joker: If you want to raise, how about raising on the river?
Old 04-01-2005, 08:30 PM

Against the typical 2/4 player, I think this is pretty bad. Just call down as you said. The preflop cap flop check is either something like JJ,KK, AQ (or even KQs or 99 a very small percentage of the time) or AA/QQ. Against all but AQ this line is worse than calling down.
Old 04-01-2005, 08:36 PM

I think raising the river is worse. it costs me an extra bet if I'm raised