Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2005, 05:53 PM

Default Did I play these hands right? Both ended tourneys for me...

This hand I figured raise and if no callers fine. It had been a pretty tight table. Otherwise if no scare cards hit push or bet the pot. Of course the BB called and then put me in when no super scare cards came. He had been making plays like this to the shorties for awhile and I figured he had put me on over cards and I put him on hitting top pair on the flop or low flush draw. Anyway how else could I have played this considering it was my last hand of the tourney.

HAND 1
PokerStars 20+2 No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (9 handed) converter

UTG (t5410)
Hero (t4694)
MP1 (t4062)
MP2 (t16178)
MP3 (t7011)
CO (t4753)
Button (t23750)
SB (t11924)
BB (t13990)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t1200</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, BB calls t800.

Flop: (t2200) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets t3600</font>, Hero calls t3469 (All-In).

Turn: (t9269) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t9269) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t9269

HAND 2
Paradise 10dollar rebuy. Super lag big stack opens for minimum and I pushed with AKo. This guy had built his stack calling all-ins with K10o etc against AK and hitting 2 tens on the flop and such. I put him and AJ-KJ or small pair and of course small pair was right. Blinds were 1200t and 600t at this point. Again was this the right move? I was getting to the point of push with Ax or small pair anyway and would have been hurting after the blinds passed me if couldn't defend them.

Paradise Poker (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of 600.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 22,492
Old 04-01-2005, 06:56 PM

Default Re: Did I play these hands right? Both ended tourneys for me...

Hand one smells strongly of two broadway[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]'s. With the big stack of his, this is a perfect time for him to semi-bluff.

I think the pf raise was ok and you definately have to call the all-in given the pot size and that you are most likely ahead.

Hand two looks like you had less than 10BB, and you got all your chips in with AK...sounds good to me.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand one smells strongly of two broadway's. With the big stack of his, this is a perfect time for him to semi-bluff.

I think the pf raise was ok and you definately have to call the all-in given the pot size and that you are most likely ahead.

Hand two looks like you had less than 10BB, and you got all your chips in with AK...sounds good to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I was hoping someone would say that, still learning and was wondering if there was a way to avoid going broke on either hand...

Lately I have been trying the accumulator approach early especially in rebuys of course. But even in freezeouts I am trying to see more flops and out play opponents early on. Later however I have been tightening up especially at agro tables and basically moving in and stealing unless I get a hand I want action on, re: group 1. Most hands I am just as happy to pick up the blinds and antes than getting into a big pot confrontation. This is primarily if I am a borderline shortie of course, if I have a big stack I wield it well I think. My biggest problems seem to come when I am an average stack later in the tourney when any hand you enter and lose can cripple your stack. This is especially the case if I am getting close to the money.

I am a winning low buy-in $50 or less MTT player overall, about 12k in tourney winnings and 5k profit since last August when I started playing more seriously, but I realize I have a long way to go to break into higher buy-in tourneys without risk of ruin.

Anway thanks for the feedback.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:22 PM

hand #1:

Yes it was right.

hand #2:

I dont know what your stack was, but that was probably ok too.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hand #2:

I dont know what your stack was, but that was probably ok too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had about 10k in chips with blinds at 1200 and 600.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:41 PM

Just curious as to what the villains had in each hand.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:48 PM

Hand 1 Villain had QQ

Hand 2 Villain had 44

No love for me on either hand and 2+ hours swirling down the crapper. Of course I did learn a little more about a few players I see all the time and I learned a little more about myself. Not all bad.