Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2005, 01:23 AM

Default Heads up, fold top pair against straight draw?

A friend of mine and I started a weekly heads up match against each other to work on our heads up play, tonight we had our first match. I don't really know him enough to tell what kind of player he is. Each of us buy in and start with 50 chips, blinds 1 and 2. I would say I am a TAG, and need work on heads up play, especially playing the weak hands that one has to. The following hand happened:

Hero: 40 chips
villain: 60 Chips

I, on the button, with 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] raise to 6, Villain calls. Pot 12.

Flop: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Villain bets 6, I raise to 18, villain calls. Pot 36

Turn: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Villain puts me all in. Pot now 50, offering about 3 to 1, but losing would mean losing the match, or course. I went on to win the match, but I won't tell you yet if I won this hand yet.

What to do on this hand?
Old 04-01-2005, 03:01 AM

Default Re: Heads up, fold top pair against straight draw?

FYI:This forum is frequented mostly by limit players, so you may not get much of a response..

Also, in my limited no-limit and heads-up experience, it will likely be more enlightening if the two of you start off with more than 25 bets each, as it will become an unsophisticated all-in battle over the blinds once one of you gets short-stacked at all.

Surf