Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2005, 02:31 PM

Default Crazy all-in guy!!!

I was sitting at a £100 max buy-in NL, £1-2 blinds at William Hill.

Ive got about £110.

I suddenly notice some guy go all-in for £130 pre-flop, while im on BB, look down, I have T6o, I fold.

I think maybe its a MoH or something, but now I look at the table and realise the guy had won the £30 in the previous hand, with lots of comments of shock/bemusment from other players, I stop watching the simpsons and pay attention, my SB K3o hes all-in again, everyone folds, I have a crazy man at the table! wohoo!

He goes all-in every 3-4 hands. Calls a couple of pre-flop bets, and then check-folds to any raises.

So I am thinking its gonna be a matter of patience, first to get some nut pre-flop hands, then someone calls him with 88, he turns over A7o, 88 holds up. Maniac loses half his stack, he seems to take offence to this, and goes all-in every hand, til someone calls him with AT he has Q6, he loses. Maniac leaves table, I write down his name and hope he becomes a frequent player.

But I start to think, did I miss any oportunities to go in against him? What hands would you call all-in with such a player? Knowing that someone else will probably soon bust him and you probably wont see him again.

All thoughts appreciated, any more details let me know.
Old 03-31-2005, 02:37 PM

Default Re: Crazy all-in guy!!!

Yea it hurts to see someone else run away with the money he's throwing around, but all you can do is wait for a hand. Don't call him on K3 or T6, because even an idiot can have a better random hand than that. Wait for a solid hand and try to take his stack. If someone else takes him down before you get your chance, it's too bad, but there's really nothing you can do.
Old 03-31-2005, 02:39 PM

lol, well I wasn't going to call him with K3 or T6, I saw about 20 hands. I was wondering what peoples range would be in this situation, the hand where the guy went all-in for 88, I had AT, I was going to call til he did.
Old 03-31-2005, 02:39 PM

Search for the thread about all-in Glenn
Old 03-31-2005, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Search for the thread about all-in Glenn

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean the "if you have XX, what is the chance that someone has a better hand with x people behind you to act"-thread? (or something along that lines?) I was looking for it myself a few days ago, but didn't find it. Help would be welcome.

To answer your question jon, i'd call with 77 and up, AT and up, KT and up. I'd call with an ever wider range of hands if he somehow announced he was going allin before he saw his cards or if he was exactly going allin every 3rd hand or something.
Old 03-31-2005, 03:03 PM

Cheers Bear, thats about what I was thinking, only got that AT and with someone already in, couldn't call.

yeah i cant find that link either, some help please tilt? Im useless with that search function....
Old 03-31-2005, 05:04 PM

Havent read the All-in glenn thread yet but this exact same thing happened at the Party $25s the other night. I called him twice. Once with 99 which lost to his AKo and once with AKs which lost to his Q4o. I also saw him crack QQ, AA, and other great hands with nothing but crap. he left with $150. Bottom line is be aware that even AA is not the nuts against these nuts but is definately worth a call.