Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2005, 12:15 PM

Default Easy getaway from KK???? or too big a pot?

read isn't all that important here. multiway pot with decent, albeit aggressive players...

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (15 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, MP1 calls, Hero folds, SB calls.

River: (18 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 21 BB
Old 03-31-2005, 12:18 PM

Default results, please think before viewing... thx

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has As Ac (one pair, aces).
BB has 2h 9h (flush, nine high).
MP1 has Jd 6c (one pair, sixes).
Outcome: BB wins 21 BB. </font>
Old 03-31-2005, 01:52 PM

Default Re: Easy getaway from KK???? or too big a pot?

For only one bet on the river....i make the crying call.
Old 03-31-2005, 01:57 PM

I would fold the flop when it's 2 bets back to you. You don't have the K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] for the redraw, the board is very scary and draw-heavy, the SB has check-reraised, and the BB even capped that. This is the time to lay down kings.

Haupt_234
Old 03-31-2005, 02:01 PM

Yea, given the flop action I think I fold as well on the turn. Some has at least a flush, straight, set, or 2-pair on that turn card. It'll cost you 2BB at least to see the showdown. I'm not sure you win 10% even given the board, which is what you'd need to call down. Knowing that it might cost more than 2BB seems to clinch the fold.

Just too many ways to be beat and too many river cards that make it even worse.
Old 03-31-2005, 02:04 PM

I think you played it fine. Even with the flop action, you're ahead here many times.

I hope you put MP1 on your buddy list.
Old 03-31-2005, 02:13 PM

I would fold the flop when it's 2 bets back to you.

Because it is multiway, all those flop raises could just be for value. It turns out the SB had AA so I was in huge trouble but wouldn't TT JJ QQ, flush draws, straight draws all be gunning that flop for value?

Even if not multiway, the standard play at 5/10 is, jam the pot on the flop whether you are on a draw or already have a hand. I don't think you can fold KK on the flop without an ace coming. That said, the SB 'check/3-bet' into others aggression is a little concerning (turns out he had AA).

Note that the SB made a huge mistake on this hand... letting the BB in to make a flush when he could have 3-bet it pre-flop... Ended up costing him a lot as my KK might have paid him off without all that multiway re-raising action.
Old 03-31-2005, 02:18 PM

I hope you put MP1 on your buddy list.

yah really, wtf??

That same guy was reraising some 1 pair junk hand into another guys KK while I was on a flush draw... That idiot cost me needless bets when I missed.

He is definitely on my donk list, I mean buddy list.
Old 03-31-2005, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Because it is multiway, all those flop raises could just be for value. It turns out the SB had AA so I was in huge trouble but wouldn't TT JJ QQ, flush draws, straight draws all be gunning that flop for value?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I would still fold. There weren't any raises other than your own preflop, so I wouldn't put anyone else on an overpair (although it turns out there was one). So that means the SB and BB are most likely representing a hand better than a pair.

[ QUOTE ]
Even if not multiway, the standard play at 5/10 is, jam the pot on the flop whether you are on a draw or already have a hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play 5/10 on party as well and am used to the aggression, but I still highly doubt you will ever be ahead in this situation. Do you really think the BB and the SB are pumping the flop with draws?

Haupt_234
Old 03-31-2005, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
read isn't all that important here. multiway pot with decent, albeit aggressive players...

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (15 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, MP1 calls, Hero folds, SB calls.

River: (18 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 21 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
MP1 has Jd 6c (one pair, sixes).

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Who loves poker