Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2005, 09:32 PM

Default Possible Collusion on Party 5-10 6 Max

Ok, here I go. I know that most people on here think that people that suspect collusion are paranoid losers. Please hear me out though.

Last night I noticed one of my favorite maniacs on Empire at the 5-10 shorthanded table. I hadn't seen him in a while and jumped at the chance to sit two seats to his left. I was excited to play against him with a new screen name. (I previously played against him with my Party name). I was hoping the table would let me isolate. If not, I leave, no big deal.

This guy was one of the biggest chatters I had ever met. He was constantly talking chit when his bluffs didn't hold up and people would call down with ace high and beat him. After playing for an hour or so, I noticed his play had calmed down quite a bit, and he hadn't said one word. I figured he had finally been barred from chat. We'll call him DickOne.

One guy, sitting two seats to his right was chatting it up after every hand almost and really berating the fish to his right. We'll call him DickTwo. After one insult to the fish, I was contemplating saying something to him, and started paying more attention to that table. (I was playing 3 others, so I have been keeping only half an eye on that one). Then it happened.

DickOne had a catch phrase that he would say after taking down a big pot. DickTwo typed this pharse exactly. That's when I closed down my other tables and started paying attention. This was a very specific phrase, and I knew something was up.

I then checked their locations. Both small towns that I had never heard of, so I typed in "City of _" in google and sure enough they were from the same state. I know I should probably leave the table in this situation, but I didn't want the table to die. I wanted to see how they played together. Saw some weird raising and reraising then river folding when they were in the pot together, but nothing conclusive.

Because I was on Empire, and I've never actually received a response from them in an email, I called Party and told them about it. She was very confused when I told her I was on Empire, but wanted to report possible collusion at Party and the only way to report immediatly was through the phone. But she finally said she'd contact "investigation" and I'd receive a reply shortly. Never did of course. This guy plays a lot and pumps a lot of $ in the rake. I don't think they would prefer to bar him.

The catch pharse was so specific though. That's what got me. It's not 100% proof, but if I were in a jury I would consider it beyond reasonable doubt.

I'd really like to hear from some people that play a lot of 5-10 6max on Party so I can reveal their screen names and see if they have noticed anything too. Thanks for hearing me out. I'd be happy to send the HH to any long-time poster on HUSH.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:38 PM

Default Re: Possible Collusion on Party 5-10 6 Max

I didn't bother to even read this since that's about how highly I think of these whole collusion posts. This is something that you need to deal with with Empire/Party/whatever and not add another silly post to the forum. If they won't do anything or it's not happening fast enough then try again or don't play there.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Then it happened.

DickOne had a catch phrase that he would say after taking down a big pot. DickTwo typed this pharse exactly. That's when I closed down my other tables and started paying attention. This was a very specific phrase, and I knew something was up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying that there wasn't any collusion here, but I don't understand why this is such a big thing. Couldn't DickOne have heard DickTwo use that phrase, and so he decided to use it as well? I know that I've typed in a certain phrase after beating someone out of a pot where they bluffed at me with nothin', and then they've thrown it back at me after winning a pot off of me.

Bastards [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img].
Old 03-30-2005, 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Couldn't DickOne have heard DickTwo use that phrase, and so he decided to use it as well? I know that I've typed in a certain phrase after beating someone out of a pot where they bluffed at me with nothin', and then they've thrown it back at me after winning a pot off of me.

[/ QUOTE ]

DickOne was not chatting though.
Old 03-30-2005, 10:05 PM

Gotcha, gotcha. Damn. I see what you mean.
Old 03-30-2005, 10:13 PM

Maybe dick2 was there for the same reason as you. And he wants to rub it into dick1 that he is getting beat. You're looking more into this than anyone should.
Old 03-31-2005, 04:26 AM

Just thought I'd let you guys know I did a mapquest search on the two cities and was having a hard time finding them. Turns out they're not cities, but neighborhoods from the same city!

Total Est. Time: 16 minutes Total Est. Distance: 6.89 miles

Make fun of me all you want. I know I'm right about this one.
Old 03-31-2005, 05:16 AM

Report it to Empire. Every post that I have seen that has sent a sensible email to Empire/Party (stating players involved, hand numbers etc), has recieved a full reply after a reasonable investigation. I know for certain that players have been barred and funds confiscated after these investigations.

It does look suspicous (but it could be totally innocent, as has been suggested), I think you should trust Empire and let them take it from here. They have access to the nessessary information to make a decision, and I do believe they take these things seriously.