Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2005, 05:56 PM

Default Foxwoods 10/20 KJs hand

Delicious 10/20 at Foxwoods, generally the table is very loose passive, most call to the end with any piece of the board and any draw. At one point an UTG raise was cold-called by the whole table.

Villain 1 (MP) is strange. He limped with KK and did not limp-reraise when given the opportunity. He is passive on the whole, but does weird stuff like raise A6o on the button after 2 limpers.

Villain 2 (Button) was pretty new to the table, but really enjoyed cold-calling. On the whole, passive on the flop and afterwards.

Villain 3 (BB) was a fool. He tried to play table captain but would show down 36s in EP. Maybe one of the more aggro players at the table, but would still call to the end with lots of garbage.

Anyways, the hand:

UTG limps, MP limps, and I raise in MP3 with K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Button cold-calls, and BB three-bets. UTG folds, and MP caps. I call two more, everyone else does too and we see a flop for 17.5 SB's.

The flop comes down: A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. BB bets, EP calls, I call, button raises. Everyone calls. Pot is now 12.5 BB's

Turn is 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Everyone checks to the button who bets, BB calls and EP folds, and I call. 15.5 BB's.

River is some blank, no J no spade. BB checks, I check, button bets, BB folds, I *gulp* call.

Does anyone fold preflop? On the flop? Anywhere? I probably should have folded the river, but I made a crying call, mostly for sanity.
Old 03-30-2005, 06:25 PM

Default Re: Foxwoods 10/20 KJs hand

The limp reraise preflop looks kinda odd. Maybe he saw the same nut in the BB as you and wanted to play him heads up with pocket tens or something.

Anyway IMHO the size of the pot make it an autocall on the end.

Best of Luck

Gordon Scott
Old 03-30-2005, 06:38 PM

Default Re: Foxwoods 10/20 KJs hand

Yeah, like I said, he played pretty strangely. I dunno if he was that observant to think of trying to play the BB heads up. My guess is he just kind of threw his hands up in the air and said "what the hell". Which is why I wasn't too worried about KK/AA.