Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What's your action?
Call 9 21.95%
Fold 2 4.88%
Raise to an appropriate level (not min.) 30 73.17%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-30-2005, 12:00 PM

Default Slowplay Quiz

Assume no straight draws, you are on the button and it's checked to you. Assume it's pretty favorable conditions.

I want to know if you ever slowplay with the specified hand. Do not include really read specific instances that make slowplaying correct. I'm looking for a more general response.

The idea is that each succeeding hand is slightly stronger than the previous.
Old 03-30-2005, 12:12 PM

Default Re: Slowplay Quiz

I think you need more choices to get anything of substance from the poll, specifically on the frequency of slowplaying versus sometimes or never.
Old 03-30-2005, 12:18 PM

I don't know, I think an all or nothing will give us a basis for conversation. All polls are flawed to some degree.

Krishan
Old 03-30-2005, 12:19 PM

This is way, way, way too general to be answered. In particular, you have to consider pot size and the vulnerability of your top pair to overcards.
Old 03-30-2005, 12:20 PM

That's why I said assume a favorable situation. To try and cover stuff like this.

Krishan
Old 03-30-2005, 12:22 PM

I thought about having hand examples, but I didn't like that idea. Something like AK on button, 1 limper, you raise and BB calls. Check to you on a K82 rainbow flop.

Krishan
Old 03-30-2005, 12:23 PM

To spark a conversation, I don't slowplay quads on the flop. And I think it's the correct play.

Krishan
Old 03-30-2005, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To spark a conversation, I don't slowplay quads on the flop. And I think it's the correct play.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

but you slow sets?? This makes little sense. You are less likely to get action on quads than you are a set
Old 03-30-2005, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

but you slow sets?? This makes little sense. You are less likely to get action on quads than you are a set

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I figure this would get some action. Here is the thing. My questions was too vague. With large quads, I might slowplay. Often you end up with 22-88 going quads. I play these fast because you will usually get called by overcards. Sometimes you'll get played back at by pairs or draws on the turn when you bet in LP with a monster hand.

This is disguising the hand the other way. In my trip aces hand I raise preflop and I checked the flop to feign weakness. With quads, I'll be the flop to appear to try and steal the pot.

I wish I had to changed the question to "I nearly always slowplay quads". I do slowplay quads on occation though. Raise preflop with AA, flop quads.

Krishan
Old 03-30-2005, 12:41 PM

i don't really like slowplaying, in the sense you are talking about( the check, check type) too much. i'll do it once in a blue moon heads up.

i am much more likely to slow play (if it is considered slowplay) in the (bet, just call with intension of jacking later) variety