Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2005, 02:18 AM

Default Worst leak among winning SNGer\'s?

I'm wondering what most of you feel is the single worst leak among winning SNG players? From my experience, it's taking TPTK/GK too far when facing agression in levels 1, 2 and 3. It meets all the criteria of a major leak and I constantly see otherwise very solid players putting themselves in awkward situations early with these hands. I'm anxious to hear others thoughts.

Pep.
Old 03-30-2005, 02:25 AM

Default Re: Worst leak among winning SNGer\'s?

I know it is not what you mean, but I would expect the answer is: T I L T
Old 03-30-2005, 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm wondering what most of you feel is the single worst leak among winning SNG players? From my experience, it's taking TPTK/GK too far when facing agression in levels 1, 2 and 3. It meets all the criteria of a major leak and I constantly see otherwise very solid players putting themselves in awkward situations early with these hands. I'm anxious to hear others thoughts.

Pep.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is really a leak, I'm probably guilty of it. I'm just not so sure it is. It's not infrequently that I'll get myself in a spot where I hate calling down or getting called with TPTK only to be somewhat shocked at the crap I get shown. Yes, sometimes you get shown a set or A-rag 2-pair, but I'm not sure this outweighs the times your TPTK is good.

eastbay
Old 03-30-2005, 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure this is what I mean. TILT is a prefectly reasonable leak.
Old 03-30-2005, 02:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I concur....just think of what Dali's ROI would be if he never got upset, [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

Although in most cases I'd imagine the tilt we're really talking about here is the difference between A and B or C game rather than A game and what most ppl view as Tilt game.

Yugoslav
Old 03-30-2005, 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Pep.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is really a leak, I'm probably guilty of it. I'm just not so sure it is. It's not infrequently that I'll get myself in a spot where I hate calling down or getting called with TPTK only to be somewhat shocked at the crap I get shown. Yes, sometimes you get shown a set or A-rag 2-pair, but I'm not sure this outweighs the times your TPTK is good.

eastbay

[/ QUOTE ]

I think our difference of opinion here might be attributed to our levels of play east. I'm at the 11's currently, and it's not at all uncommon to be shown flush and straight draws (that didn't have odds to call) that make it, cobbled togther two pairs with J8o, etc. This is especially true in levels 1-3 where the weaker players have yet to be snapped off (for playing things like J8o).

Pep.
Old 03-30-2005, 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I concur....just think of what Dali's ROI would be if he never got upset, [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

Although in most cases I'd imagine the tilt we're really talking about here is the difference between A and B or C game rather than A game and what most ppl view as Tilt game.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

I was about to adamently disagree that TILT is even in the top 5 for winning players until Yogo made this great observation and it's one I've never given much thought to. Tilt is probably a different animal for winning players than losing players. Winners have encountered it so many times, they have more likey found ways to minimize it's affects. I don't know, but it's something to consider.
Old 03-30-2005, 02:48 AM

It's a good thing when crap draws are shown. You want them to call without odds. I have to think this is a bigger leak, if it is one, at Curtains's level than at the $11's. You'd think guys playing $215 SNG's would know what they're doing.
Old 03-30-2005, 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

eastbay

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with Eastbay, here. I had a hand earlier tonight where I busted with AK in level 2. I probably should have found a way to lose less, but after some post hand analysis I think playing these hands the way I do in early level is +EV.

My biggest leak right now may be a willingness to say LETS GAMBOOL too often. Trying to figure this one out...
Old 03-30-2005, 02:56 AM

My biggest leak is considering a game to be a 'success' when I get into the money on that table and (although usually subconciously) focusing on other tables where I am on the bubble more than the table where I am in the money even tho the difference between 1st and 3rd is more than 3rd and 4th.