Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2005, 03:59 PM

Default 1/2 VPIP

What is everyones VPIP at 1/2? Im sitting at 19.2 over a very small sample size, it sounds good to me, but is it?
Old 03-29-2005, 04:14 PM

Default Re: 1/2 VPIP

i'll tell you if you tell me how to inlay images into a post [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-29-2005, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is everyones VPIP at 1/2? Im sitting at 19.2 over a very small sample size, it sounds good to me, but is it?

[/ QUOTE ]

When a person moves up limits they can become weak tight. This statement sounds like your at risk of becoming weak tight. 19% is fine 22% is ok also if you are prepared for the larger variance that comes with it.

When I tried to move up to 2/4 I turned weak tight and lost 150BB and had to drop down. I had the 300BB bankroll for 2/4 but I was not ready to risk it. And to play good tight aggressive poker you have to risk it. My ag factor was under 1.5.

In GTAOT Mason explains how each person will find a limit level they are most comfortable at and stay there. To high and they will get weak tight, to low and they undervalue the bets and spew chips.

Now I am not saying we have to stay in .5/1 forever! But each time we move up we are going to get that bad feeling. And we have to fight through it and play the same as we did at the lower level. From your other posts I'm sure your going to make it. But remember you can always move down and build that roll up to like 1000BB. Then the loses won't be so scary when you move up.
Old 03-29-2005, 04:20 PM

Stuey, I'm not worried about losing here, I went through both a downstreak in cards and adjusting play and lost 60BB or so, but I caught on and have a pretty nice win rate by now, just wandered if my VPIP is "optimum". Have you made it back into 2/4 yet? If you have, what were your VPIP stats there?
Old 03-29-2005, 04:26 PM

mine is more on the tighter side...at 17.4%
personally, i am working on loosening up and being more aggressive in late position, and i think a position breakdown is better than the overall vpip number.
so i'm trying to post it:

i suck - just click it
Old 03-29-2005, 04:42 PM

When I play well and over 10K hands my VP$IP is 16-18. However I have won for 5K hands with a VP$IP as high as 26% and it was good fun. I don't recommend it but the point is don't worry so much. It is a number that is NOT under your control most of the time.

If you get good cards play them, always even if your VPIP might go over 20%. You know about position, and which cards play well in each situation. I can tell you play well preflop from your other posts. But you are doubting yourself and this can cause other problems. It happens to me often also.

I took a stab at 5/10 once when I had won a MTT and had to much money! This was before I found 2+2 so it was a crazy move. I beat it for 2.88BB/100 with a VPIP of 23.98. This was for only 1226 hands however. Even though I didn't know jack about poker at the time I could tell I was getting lucky! Thank god I stopped. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 03-29-2005, 04:48 PM

You need to put a [ here --> IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/Stuey2plus2/okoyeKC_188x250.jpg[/IMG]

Does this help?
Old 03-29-2005, 04:54 PM

apparently not.... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

this is worse than when i was trying to figure out the profanity filter. this f[/i]ucking sucks.
Old 03-29-2005, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
apparently not.... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

this is worse than when i was trying to figure out the profanity filter. this f[/i]ucking sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

your image needs a file extension for the [IMG] to work. like .jpg
Old 03-29-2005, 05:01 PM

there. made it bigger.
now that we've solved that dilemma...who can tell me why i have 1 hand 8 seats off the button??? driving me crazy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]