Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2005, 02:44 PM

Default Labels

Ok this may sound mean but I truly do not mean it that way so please don't take it like that. I'm curious. I've seen a lot of posts about people ordering chips and getting Jason to print the labels for them. I'm curious as to why people aren't printing them on their own. Please do not take this as a knock b/c the work I've seen looks AMAZING, but I'm just curious if its the graphics part that you're working on or just the printing. I myself am looking to order nexgens soon and make custom labels and I def want to go high quality so I'm just trying to see what the difference is. Thanks, and please do not take this disrespectfully.
Old 03-29-2005, 03:02 PM

Default Re: Labels

I had them done because I hate printers. They are evil, evil devices. It was worth it to me to have jason do them. The only color printer I have is an inkjet anyway, my laser is B&W.
Old 03-29-2005, 03:31 PM

I did 100% art on my labels and had Jason print the first set. While I felt it was worth it, for my second set I wanted to use Vinyl labels and it was more cost effective for me to buy the stock and print myself, as I had access to a laser printer. I will agree that printers are evil, though.

Now if you need art assistance as well, turnkey graphics/printing guys like Jason are a huge bargain...
Old 03-29-2005, 04:37 PM

It's all about quality. Here's what my printing company says:

Unlike most " custom poker chips" which are nothing more then someone buying 1 inch PAPER stickers at office depot and printing them on their 99.00 Lexmark printer, our images are printed using a $30,000.00
1440 x 1440 DPI printer onto permanent vinyl substrate. They are then put through a $10,000 lamination process which bonds the image and lamination to the chip. The image cannot wear, and the image is virtually impossible to remove from the chip over time. By using a clay/abs composite blank, the chip will not appreciably wear either. As of 2/05 we can now print on the NEXGEN series of chips.
Old 03-29-2005, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As of 2/05 we can now print on the NEXGEN series of chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmmm.....

Do you have any examples of this? And what is the business proposition? Will you print on nexgen chips, or are you creating your own designs on nexgen chips?
Old 03-29-2005, 05:29 PM

I don't do the printing, that's just the company I use. I can get samples, no problem. They will print whatever design you desire...
Old 03-29-2005, 05:38 PM

i'm very interesting in getting more information about this. Is there a minimum order? pricing? how do I get samples?

Let me know. Thanks.
Old 03-29-2005, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As of 2/05 we can now print on the NEXGEN series of chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmmm.....

Do you have any examples of this? And what is the business proposition? Will you print on nexgen chips, or are you creating your own designs on nexgen chips?

[/ QUOTE ]
HRFats - wouldn't be easier if you just PM'd yourself?
Old 03-29-2005, 07:16 PM

Forget it. It's not worth the hassle you guys are giving me. I have NO business relationship with this company. I was just forwarding information I received from a company that does custom chips. I saw some people payng close to $1.00 per chip with tenpercenter and figured I'd offer a cheaper alternative.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:11 PM

So, who does this and how much does it cost? They're actually printing on the chips and then some sort of lamination goes on? Doesn't that change the texture of the chip?

I always find it strange when people say they're using massively expensive equipment to do a job. I realize that better equipment usually equals better product, but why aren't they using this expensive equipment to do something more profitable? It's like buying a Jaguar for a demolition derby.